Official GMD Photo/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Necuratul said:
Okay then, what, that is inherently and exclusively in the homosexual breed, is there to be proud of?

Homophobia is NOT cool. Get off your little box, because you're not looking tough up there chummer.

Being a good person, regardless of sexual preference, is all that matters. Sexual preference is irrelevant in 2006, start to realise it and grow up.

I'm not being homophobic, you neanderthal. I'm saying there is nothing special or superior about being a homosxual, which should be common sense, and therefore since there is nothing unique and important about being homosexual, there is nothing to be proud of about it, just as there is nothing to be proud of about being heterosexual. Being gay is not a fucking accomplishment, just as you're not special for being a man or a woman, or for being white, black, hispanic, etc. None of this shit fucking matters.

It matters to those who fought hard for their rights of equality in society. It doesn't mean anything to you, but to someone else, it means everything.

Gay pride means little to society these days, as the majority of rights issues were fought and won long ago by the gay community and its activists. Of course, there are some which continue to be fought (e.g. marriage).

It's through this battle that gay pride as developed: that is why it's still celebrated, and they have every right to celebrate their fight for equality. If you're half as intelligent as you claim to be, you should know and respect this.

Being straight or gay is not an accompishment, agreed. But for some young teenager who has fought years of his or her life trying to come to terms with who they are and how they will fit in with their friends, family and world around them is a massive battle that people like you never concieve of let alone fight. In this context, it is an achievement for that gay individual.

Heterosexuals have never had to fight for equality the way gay people have, they have never been treated like shit on a societal level. Can you imagine what that feels like? Have you ever been mass persecuted or segregated for something? No, you haven't. So stop making statements you obviously know nothing about.

Don't assume that whatever you think is correct goes for everyone else.

How dare you demoralise these people, what the fuck have they done wrong to you? If I was your parent I'd fucking beat you senseless.

Why would you be proud of something if it's not better than something else? That's my entire point. Being gay is not an accomplishment, and being proud of something that you didn't even do is stupid. It's EXACTLY like saying an apple is superior to an orange, THAT WAS MY POINT. Because there's nothing superior about anyone's sexual preference, and therefore there's nothing to be proud of about it all the way around.

In the case of gays, it's their path Necuratul, it's their battle they've had to fight that they are proud of! That they can live their lives in the face of constant adversity.

Is that not worth being proud of? If you had to fight one of the hardest battles of your entire life, wouldn't you be proud of yourself too? Wouldn't you express it to someone as well?

Everyone is allowed to say they have achieved something, no matter how big or small.

I don't know where you're getting these ideas from dude, do you have any gay friends at all? I suggest you listen to the other side of the story if you know someone who is gay. I guarantee you, you'll appreciate the battles life presents.

Stop listening to whoever is putting those ideas in you head man, you have to remember there are reasons for everything, and much of time, we don't understand those unless we ask questions.

This so-called "battle" is actually an accomplishment; for that you can be proud. However, being proud of being born a certain way in a certain environment that develops into a certain trait is stupid. Being gay and fighting for gay rights are two very separate ideas.

Necuratul said:
This so-called "battle" is actually an accomplishment; for that you can be proud. However, being proud of being born a certain way in a certain environment that develops into a certain trait is stupid. Being gay and fighting for gay rights are two very separate ideas.

This is where younger gay people who have little background of the political history come in, waving a flag for a cause they know nothing about, and jumping on a bandwagon because theyre too scared to seek their own path. You just have to ignore those people, gay or straight... they'll grow out of it and over time they won't need to prance about, because they will know the facts and then express that in a more effective manner for themselves.

In one of my old school text books, there was a picture of someone holding a sign that said "DEAF PRIDE". That's way more stupid than gay pride.

Okay...

Back on-topic... I recent pic of me... today! (I'm not big on photos overall)

photo0005.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.