Official GMD Photo/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't. I went to Sicily. I never said I went to Scandinavia, however the Normans settled in Sicily a while back and so there's still a bit of that there in the culture.

p.s. And thanks for that thread in RC. Really mature. And so long after I left too. I suppose if I post any picture of myself whatsoever it's just a jab at being an ''attention whore"? And yet Krigloch and others can post many, obviously doing things in them that are blantantly for attention, and they'd never be accused of being an attention whore. You're a hypocrite, and a pig.

Susperia said:
I haven't. I went to Sicily. I never said I went to Scandinavia, however the Normans settled in Sicily a while back and so there's still a bit of that there in the culture.
maybe you should read up on normans some time before you imply that they have much to do with actual scandinavian culture

Ohh I'm so sorry I offended your culture and your identity my Swedish prince.

From what I know of the Normans offhand is that they were Vikings from Scandinavia originally, and then they settled in Normandy France and spread out from there, including Sicily.

edit: ^^ Ah thank you, yeah the ones inside the dark cathedrals I especially wish I had a better camera for. The digital one made them so grainy...

"Originally they derived from the indigenous population of Neustria and Vikings originating in Scandinavia"

"The Norman people adopted Christianity and the Gallo-Romance language and created a new cultural identity separate from that of their Scandinavian forebears and French neighbors."

so there you go

it's "norman" culture, not "scandinavian" culture.. where they descended from is largely irrelevant

Susperia said:
p.s. And thanks for that thread in RC. Really mature. And so long after I left too. I suppose if I post any picture of myself whatsoever it's just a jab at being an ''attention whore"? And yet Krigloch and others can post many, obviously doing things in them that are blantantly for attention, and they'd never be accused of being an attention whore. You're a hypocrite, and a pig.

:lol:

The best part of Alabama!

Also, Susperia, it's not like your opinion matters. A good bit of people are A LOT smarter than they let on.

Status
Not open for further replies.