Official GMD Photo/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zephyrus said:
Well my father repairs church pipe organs, and today while servicing an organ he draped his sweatshirt over the gallery railing. It turns out that just below the wooden railing are these lamps. Some time later somebody turned on the lamps and soon his sweatshirt caught fire and the railing was burned, but he managed to put it out before further damage occured.

Might I mention that he nearly burned down the church where Presidents John Adams and John Quincy Adams are buried, one of the most historic churches in the state.

Kreator/Destroyer said:
nah i don't think orally pleasing inanimate objects is illegal...(in most states) and if the organ obliged...then why not?

A pipe organ is played with the hands and feet. It is not directly a wind instrument.

~Neurotica said:

:lol: You, Miss, are fucking fantastic. :lol:

Zephyrus said:
Well my father repairs church pipe organs, and today while servicing an organ he draped his sweatshirt over the gallery railing. It turns out that just below the wooden railing are these lamps. Some time later somebody turned on the lamps and soon his sweatshirt caught fire and the railing was burned, but he managed to put it out before further damage occured.

Might I mention that he nearly burned down the church where Presidents John Adams and John Quincy Adams are buried, one of the most historic churches in the state.

Is he going to get some kind of reprimand or something from his employer/church/local council/some kind of body etc?

Sorry to hear all this dude - it's pretty serious! Your father must be pretty shaken up too.

He's got a fucking cool job though man! I was thinking of doing piano/harpsichord tuning, but the course for it was dropped from the Conservatorium :(

The Hubster said:
Is he going to get some kind of reprimand or something from his employer/church/local council/some kind of body etc?

Sorry to hear all this dude - it's pretty serious! Your father must be pretty shaken up too.

He's got a fucking cool job though man! I was thinking of doing piano/harpsichord tuning, but the course for it was dropped from the Conservatorium :(

No charges will be pressed and he's sticking with the job. The rail wasn't significantly damaged, and the guy who turned on the lamps is also to blame for the accident. In this case, no judgement will be passed on human error.

Zephyrus said:

In an unrelated story, I play the church organ. I have also serviced some.

I'm suprised the smoke wouldnt make some pipes go out of tune.

Montu Sekhmet said:
In an unrelated story, I play the church organ. I have also serviced some.

I'm suprised the smoke wouldnt make some pipes go out of tune.

Yeah, I bet you like to service your own organ.

Here's some pictures from my little adventure yesterday.

In our favorite graveyard with a shirt that REALLY suits the setting. :sarcasm:
http://myspace-682.vo.llnwd.net/01278/28/62/1278392682_l.jpg

http://myspace-212.vo.llnwd.net/01278/21/28/1278448212_l.jpg

Outside the graveyard, with my car, Bestial Devastator, doing the Fonz thing.
http://myspace-547.vo.llnwd.net/01278/74/55/1278415547_l.jpg

Destruction shirt; wish I'd had THAT in the graveyard. Anyway, I'm standing by the road waiting for my friend after just leaving this old club place. It was creepy. The place wasn't boarded up or anything. Everything still worked, too: lights, refrigerator, etc. There was some old beer and a Diet Pepsi in the fridge. My friend took one of the beers. The freezer had a wall of ice, and a plastic bag behind it. We couldn't get to the bag though, we were afraid of what we might find in the bag (human meat). We kept waiting to find someone living there, but nothing. Freaky nonetheless. Don't they usually turn the electricity off at unused buildings?
http://myspace-741.vo.llnwd.net/01278/14/76/1278466741_l.jpg

Really? Didn't think it was that much, but that's cool. Just sort of random.

Status
Not open for further replies.