Official GMD Photo/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some things I'm working on now. Neither are done, I just feel like getting feedback. The first one is supposed to be a Viking, I'm going to put runes in the lower left corner, and he's supposed to be wearing a wool cloak with plaid... except I'm not sure if the Vikings had plaid so I'm going to talk to my art history teacher about it tomorrow. It's really just a study for the larger mythological paintings i'll be doing for my senior thesis.

The other painting I've been working on for a while, as it's rather big. You'll probably recognize it from a picture I posted a while ago of me posing like that.

hmm, you're a great artist and they're both good, but i think the vikings beard is too weak and his hair is too clean and combed. and maybe his nose should look like it's been broken a few times. i'm not trying to be a smartass, that's just my opinion.

as far as the painting of you, i like the knife aspect, was that in the original? all i remember was just the facial expression.

Hhahaha, I wanted it to be a more youthful, more idealized viking man. Not so much the battling, berserk kind, but the introspective poet type...

Yes the knife was in the original...I don't want to post it though because Idon't want pictures of me on here anymore. =(

some of the most battling, berzerk vikings were great poets too! :kickass:

if you want, i'll pose and you can paint me. i'm so viking, i'm uncircumsised. :p

it's ok about the pic though, i remember it, i just didn't recall seeing a knife.

Actually you're right about the facial hair, it is too neat. I still have a lot to do on it.

Where do you live? If it's convenient I would consider you posing for me.

northern virginia.
i can't sit still that long, though. but you could observe me swinging an axe into a tree at my job with sweat glistening on my furry red chest, big red beard and dirty long hair swaying gently in the breeze, singing songs of victory, guzzling pints of beer and breaking wind occasionaly. like a true viking. :kickass:

but umm, yeah, northern virginia. :oops:

IdolWarship said:
northern virginia.
i can't sit still that long, though. but you could observe me swinging an axe into a tree at my job with sweat glistening on my furry red chest, big red beard and dirty long hair swaying gently in the breeze, singing songs of victory, guzzling pints of beer and breaking wind occasionaly. like a true viking. :kickass:

but umm, yeah, northern virginia. :oops:

"I'm a lumberjack and that's okay.
I work all night and I sleep all day
I cut down trees, I skip and jump
I like to press wild flowers.
I put on women's clothing and hang around in bars. "

:lol: :lol: :lol:
goddamn right!

if anyone photoshops me wearing womens clothes, at least make sure they are fashionable. like something Spectacular Views would wear.

Krig said:
well that was a letdown post.

:lol:

Well, she's a good artist, I'm not going to lie about it just to get a rise out of her. I'm sure I'll come back with a good post later on just for you.

the "viking" looks more like orlando bloom than anything else. which is pretty much the exact opposite of what i expect a viking would look like. it looks realistic, for a human, but i wouldnt have ever picked that it is a viking.

Status
Not open for further replies.