drunk and retarded '05:
CIMG0942.jpg

me and my gf hits the pipe:
CIMG5323.jpg

ukelele rockage:
rffel.jpg

the aliens at swedenrock pic:
PICT0217.jpg

all you have to do is not be afraid to speak your belief in non-metal music as being of equal artistic merit as metal for the purposes of expanding the minds of our more ignorant friends here at UM.

Aaaaaaand anyone who isn't an actual shithead believes this. I reiterate, what's the point? :p

I'm a firm believer in a forum full of punching bags...

EDIT:

Here's my favourite things to listen to:

Adramelch, Agalloch, Agathocles, Agent Steel, Amebix, Anael, Atheist, Autopsy, The Beatles, Bedemon, Beherit, Bifrost, Black Flag, Black Sabbath, David Bowie, Brocas Helm, Mr. Bungle, Burzum, Kate Bush, Camel, Captain Beyond, old Carcass, Celtic Frost, Circle Jerks, Clock DVA, Conception, Conflict, Converge, Coroner, Countess, Cruachan, Cryptic Slaughter, Dark Quarterer, Darkthrone, Dead Can Dance, The Dead Kennedys, Depeche Mode, Destroyer 666, Bruce Dickinson, Die Kreuzen, old Discharge, Dismember, DMX, Dr. Dre, Drudkh, Emerson Lake & Palmer, English Dogs, Esoteric, Exodus, old Fates Warning, Peter Gabriel, Godflesh, Gallhammer, Gorguts, Hail, Hammers of Misfortune, Hellhammer, Helstar, Hirax, Holy Terror, Immolation, Jag Panzer, Judas Priest, Killing Joke, King Crimson, KMFDM, Kreator, Laibach, LARD, Led Zeppelin, The Lord Weird Slough Feg, Manilla Road, Mayhem, The Melvins, The Ministry, The Misfits, Napalm Death, Neurosis, New York Dolls, NWOBHM, Ol Dirty Bastard, old Opeth, Overkill, Pentagram (CHL), Pentagram (US), Plastic Ono Band, Public Enemy, Queen, Radiohead, Repulsion, Roxy Music, Rudimentary Peni, Rvnning Wild, Rush, Sabbat (JPN), Sabbat (UK), Saint Vitus, Sauron (MMMM), The Smiths, Snoop Dog (first album), Sodom, SunnO))), Tangerine Dream, Terrorizer, Titan Force, Toxic Holocaust, Ulver, Van der Graaf Generator, Ved Buens Ende, Vio-Lence, Voivod, Warning, The Who, Witchtrap, YES, Frank Zappa and The Mothers of Invention, Zeke, and many more...

If I'm not well rounded because 60% of it is Metal, then you're just too picky. I post on a Metal forum because I enjoy Metal.

Pretty much so.
I also like "Hail To The Thief", even considerining that it doesn't sound like old good Radiohead, they've added a lot of electronic stuff. But still, the album is great. And it's actually devoted to Bush.

me liking alot of "indie" rock, alt. rock (hate that term), emo, and post-hardcore stuff...

...qualifies you for The Inquisition.

now you need a title...

there is always a group of people there who listen to nothing but metal and claim all other music to be bad, and it honestly bothers me.

these are the people The Inquisition is meant to confront. i'm sure there are more people here who like non-metal music than i'm aware of, but the fact is the dominant % of posters are close-minded metalitists. it's our job as enlightened people to help our friends out of the dark...

like this guy...

That's because The Grimace banged my mom.

sry, d00d. but it was my birthday and all...

Aaaaaaand anyone who isn't an actual shithead believes this.

they honestly don't. not in real life, and not on teh interweb.

if you support that statement, join The Inquisition. it's not about disliking metal. in order to be a part of it, you must appreciate metal. if only for the purposes of putting everything into perspective...

but...

far too many kids here are in danger of never hearing any good non-metal music!

help them now before it's too late!

...Dismember, DMX, Dr. Dre, Drudkh, Emerson Lake & Palmer...

this particular stretch was brilliant. :D

If I'm not well rounded because 60% of it is Metal, then you're just too picky.

i already said you could be in it. you're "Official Coordinator of Beatles, Phat Beats, and Bungle of The Non-Metal Inquisition, Funked-Out Soul Brotha Division", unless you think of something more fitting.

Radiohead kicks asses.

and you can be "Official Morning Bell Of The Non-Metal Inquisition". :p

So what is this all about?

I mostly like non-metal music, not because I actively dislike metal, but because since I started listening to non-metal music, my music collection and the spectrum of sounds I enjoy have increased ten-fold in scope and range. I appreciate and, at one point, really enjoyed metal. But then I realized something that I think most people here don't understand... metal is not the only style of music with an "underground". all "pop" music, all country, all emo and hardcore, all funk, soul, hip hop, ARE NOT JUST WHAT YOU HEAR ON THE RADIO.

Once I got into really good underground indie rock and "indie" rap, I realized that I liked the same thing about it as I liked about underground metal, the artistic independance and genuine emotions and passionate performances that you don't see on MTV or the top-40 stations.

I'm not trying to overthrow the metalness of this board. Just expand the artistic boundaries a bit. Yeah, sure, technically, this is a "metal board". But really it's just a place where x-number of people have decided to post as friends and enemies, for the sake of debate and expanding one's mind. If you follow rules and believe in narrow parameters, then fuck you. This board is what we make it.

I like you guys. Honestly, I wouldn't keep coming back after all these years if I didn't think this board was populated by interesting people with some stimulating conversation to be had.

So tell me what you like other than metal.

Then come sing it from the rooftops with me.

Maybe you'll hear someone else singing a tune you like. Maybe you'll learn something, and maybe you'll teach something, and maybe you'll just become a more honest, better person.

Join the Non-Metal Inquisition, and listen FREE.

...Join the Non-Metal Inquisition, and listen FREE.

And here we go again. I listen free all I want, I buy truckloads of music, and I don't need to join a dumb club to acknowledge what I happen to enjoy doing as some sort of vendetta against shitheads. I'd rather just independently make fun of them. :)

Head out of ass, please.

it's just a slogan. every movement needs one.

you know a big fat Magenta declaration of independance would make your sig that much awesomer... come on guy.... :D ???

and yes, ender, you can be in. your title better be great, i expect no less...

you know a big fat Magenta declaration of independance would make your sig that much awesomer... come on guy.... :D ???

and yes, ender, you can be in. your title better be great, i expect no less...

Independence from what? Not being a dipshit?

EDIT: Making a group dedicated to "free-listening" within a collective constitutes group-think, which in fact is hardly "free."

Status
Not open for further replies.