Official GMD Photo/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because some assholes think that coming to a metal forum and acting all superior because they listen to non-metal is cool. Who the fuck cares what you listen to outside of metal. This is a metal forum. People come here to talk metal. If you want to discuss other genres of music, go elsewhere.

The non-metal Discussion perhaps.

Exactly.

This is the same as me joining up to an xbox forum and telling everyone to play nintendo and sony, most people would anyway, but they have joined the forum to talk xbox, not anything otherwise, and this is the same here. As Jean-Pierre said it is quite clear people here listen to other forms of music aswell, you are just being elitist morons, not to mention swanker wankers with your "rebel" magenta gay groupie sigs. :yuk:

Do as Sigh advises
"Tear me apart till I die
Tear me apart, sacrifice
Tear me apart and hear my cry
Tear me apart to kill my pride" :heh:

No, there is a difference there. People SHOULD tell people on Xbox boards to play Nintendo, Microsoft is shit for the gaming world.

it is quite clear people here listen to other forms of music aswell

it's not, and they don't, actually.

most people here who do listen to something other than metal, and this is all as far as i can tell so prove me wrong but i don't think i am, still listen to about 98% metal and then their "non-metal" "collection" consists of Opeth's Damnation and 2 Led Zeppelin albums and the fact that they hear "electronic music" at the gym and think it's "kool for teh reps".

being really really into metal 9.5 times out of 10 will cause an individual to be really really not into other stuff, because metal is such a specialized taste that they become desensitized to anything without teh thrash riffz or gr1m vokills and they can't imagine how they could ever possibly be entertained by a song where a "normal" person sings about "normal" stuff and plays without any distortion pedals or stacks of Marshalls or triggered kick drums or whatever...

i say this as someone who, in the late 90s up til maybe '02, thought that metal was the absolute peak of artistic freedom. and it sort of still was. but i can't name a single band that calls themselves "metal" that has really done anything that's artistically relevant, not just relevant to the metal scene but to the greater music scene as a whole, since then.

metal fans usualy think it's "metal" and "everything else", and that's actually kind of true in a way. except that where most metal fans think that metal is sooooo diverse and "everything else" sounds the same, with metal occupying 65/66ths of the "genre pie" and "everything else" stuffed into that last 1, when you start listening to all the "else" you realize that metal has basically become a redundant self-parody, no matter what the sub-genre, and that all the really "extreme" stuff going on right now isn't just "extremely loud".

a few "hardcore" bands are still producing some interesting loud and distorted stuff, and multiple droney doomy bands seem to be peaking right now, but metal, "metal", is dead, or at least in hibernation. once all this "else" stuff goes through it's stages of evolution and the Corporate Pop Machine sucks dry all the alt-country and indie-pop and nu-wave and freak-folk and whatever scenes and everything de-evolves into a nondescript grey blob called "modern rock" then "metal" bands will have a chance to be creative and radical and artistic again.

if indeed they ever truly have been.

for right now, i'd recommend trying to wrap your brain around something different, if for no reason than for the betterment of your own soul.

join the Non-Metal Inquistion.
listen to THE NOW. listen AWARE. listen FREE.

most people here who do listen to something other than metal, and this is all as far as i can tell so prove me wrong but i don't think i am, still listen to about 98% metal and then their "non-metal" "collection" consists of Opeth's Damnation and 2 Led Zeppelin albums and the fact that they hear "electronic music" at the gym and think it's "kool for teh reps".

I don't think it is much of proving you wrong, as it is restating the decently well known with me liking alot of "indie" rock, alt. rock (hate that term), emo, and post-hardcore stuff.

I do see the issue you're talking about EVERYWHERE that people who listen to metal gather, there is always a group of people there who listen to nothing but metal and claim all other music to be bad, and it honestly bothers me.

BLABBERMOUTH.NET - TRIVIUM Frontman Battles Urine-Filled Balloons At London Gig

A BLABBERMOUTH.NET visitor by the name of George Byron-Roberts has submitted the following report:

"TRIVIUM frontman Matt Heafy interrupted the band's set [as the support act for IRON MAIDEN] at Earl's Court, London last night [Friday, Dec. 22] to chide members of the audience after being subjected to a barrage of urine-filled balloons and bottles. Heafy and bassist Paolo Gregoletto were showered with urine during their performance of 'Like Light to the Flies'. Heafy angrily declared that the act was 'really wrong' and that if he saw anyone throwing things at the band he would see that they were 'thrown the fuck out" and 'beaten the fuck up.'

"The left hand side of the stage had been rowdy with fervent disapproval for TRIVIUM and their frontman from the beginning of their set, the band being lambasted with cries of 'death to false metal' between each of their songs; and throughout the set there was a constant exchange of rude gestures between Heafy and the antagonists. An attempt to block the missiles with a U.S. flag was shouted down by British fans, who angrily turned on the American fans, a group of young men and women who had travelled all the way from the USA to see TRIVIUM perform.

"Heafy's polemic (after battling through the rest of the song) lasted almost five minutes. However IRON MAIDEN frontman Bruce Dickinson was unusually quiet about the event, preferring to focus his rant on the safety of fans at the front of the crowd and the horrors of war."

A two-minute video clip of TRIVIUM frontman Matt Heafy having an audience member ejected from their December 12, 2006 show at the Birmingham NEC for allegedly throwing bottles at the band can be found at YouTube.com.

This is the best fucking thing I have EVER read.

My mate got hit full on in the back at Donington by a bottle of piss. It is nasty, so I wouldnt be too pleased either.

Regardless what people are listening to this is a metal forum so non metal music does not apply. Why bother posting if you are going to talk about everything that is not metal. Regardless how open minded or diverse you think you are this does not really have anything to do with anything. Grimace is easily the most out of place and pointless user on this forum.

Reactions: Evil?
I don't think it is much of proving you wrong, as it is restating the decently well known with me liking alot of "indie" rock, alt. rock (hate that term), emo, and post-hardcore stuff.

I do see the issue you're talking about EVERYWHERE that people who listen to metal gather, there is always a group of people there who listen to nothing but metal and claim all other music to be bad, and it honestly bothers me.

i know those people...they are annoying...i was actually just listening to Shinedown and Fuel (i feel so guilty now but they kick ass)

There were so many untrue generalisations in this post it was unreal.

That's because The Grimace is just a stupid fucking asshole who constructs his own idea of the world around him and comments on it accordingly, whether or not it corresponds with reality at all.

There wasn't, it was a crossover joke from another board, and it was fucking stupid, and this non-metal inquisition bullshit is even more stupid.

BY GUILLOTINE

1) why do you still have that fucking thing in your sig
2) I just ordered the Lethal 7" yesterday

I do believe Jesus did exist. To backup your argument I will repeat, he is mentioned in the Quran many many times

I believe he did also... but this is really one of the weakest "proofs" for his existence that I've ever heard. The Quran was written 600 years after Jesus was supposedly around... how does this qualify as evidence of his existence?

Status
Not open for further replies.