Official GMD Photo/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would better watch this "average" one than the video of that chick you've been posting here some time ago :Smug:

Haha, Joanna Newsom or Regina Spektor :D

But in all honesty, if AA didn't have viking lyrical themes no one would give a rats ass about them. Their music doesn't stand out in the slightest. I do admire them for their ability to release album after album of the same exact thing without dropping in quality though. Takes some form of talent.

But in all honesty, if AA didn't have viking lyrical themes no one would give a rats ass about them. Their music doesn't stand out in the slightest. I do admire them for their ability to release album after album of the same exact thing without dropping in quality though. Takes some form of talent.

Err, I don't know. The one with big lips... Though, actually both of them :D

Sorry, Mort, but what you've said about AA is kind of a bs. As here are a lot of their fans and the bigger half of them can't even understand english. Plus I don't think somebody listens a band only cuz of their lyrics. AA has awesome vocals and that special kind of energy in their songs. Man, they are just great, thats it.

Hhahah guess what guys!

My teacher just called me to tell me that he, and the other head of the painting department, has chosen me to go to this artist residency school up in Maine called Skowhegan. They were given the opportunity to pick a student and they chose me. =)!!

So my school will pay for half, and Skowhegan will pay for half, and it's a summer thing for post-undergrads, it's a huge honor and it's a really great school and I just glowing right now, i'm so happy!

http://www.skowheganart.org/

sweet! have fun

They're a good little band, but they're better than just using their lyrics for album sales. There are a lot of viking metal bands out there and none of them are as big as AA.

Reactions: ~Neurotica
They're a good little band, but they're better than just using their lyrics for album sales. There are a lot of viking metal bands out there and none of them are as big as AA.

Amon Amarth ARN'T viking metal though. Bands such as Einherjer, Mithotyn, and Thyrfing are.

Well, Amon Amarth are not really viking metal, just viking-themed melodic death metal.

Edit: ^Yeah.

I checked out Amon Amarth a while ago after seeing heaps of people on here raving about them, and I really don't get the hype tbh. They've got that whole melodic grandiose thing going on that I can't stand.

Reactions: Mort Divine
Hhahah guess what guys!

My teacher just called me to tell me that he, and the other head of the painting department, has chosen me to go to this artist residency school up in Maine called Skowhegan. They were given the opportunity to pick a student and they chose me. =)!!

So my school will pay for half, and Skowhegan will pay for half, and it's a summer thing for post-undergrads, it's a huge honor and it's a really great school and I just glowing right now, i'm so happy!

http://www.skowheganart.org/

Congrats. :kickass:

How big is the school?

Status
Not open for further replies.