Official GMD Photo/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously though, there is nothing wrong with being proud, but why are you? I am not necessarily proud to be American. It is not like I worked for it or anything.

Thinking America is great is different than being proud. America is really great place with more opportunities than anywhere else in the world. I love living in this country despite some of its shortcomings. But I feel that to be proud of something, you should have had to work or strive for it. How can I be proud of something I was born into? That is like saying I am proud of having brown hair.

Thinking America is great is different than being proud. America is really great place with more opportunities than anywhere else in the world. I love living in this country despite some of its shortcomings. But I feel that to be proud of something, you should have had to work or strive for it. How can I be proud of something I was born into? That is like saying I am proud of having brown hair.

How can you not? You don't have a choice in the matter, you ARE American. You = America, America = You. Are you telling me you have no pride in yourself, or what you are?

Why are you never around to back me up when I make these arguments? :mad:

Congrats. :kickass:

How big is the school?

Not very big I don't think. Only a few artists get to go each year, it's extremely competitive and a big deal to get in...It's really more of a retreat/residency than a school.

Actually it reminds me a little bit of a cult at times. :ill:

Status
Not open for further replies.