Opeth and Riverside

power tabs sucks ass compared to guitar pro

they are both nice, but dont write power tab off:

a)power tab is free, guitar pro costs money unless you DL it
b)guitar pro uses an obscene amount of system memory, and the files/program are much larger
c)theres an abundance of lute and violin power tabs on UG, not so many for guitar pro

although in guitar pro, you can have all sorts of different instruments. thats cool, since now i dont have to run out and buy an album or whatever whenever i get recommended a band

Back on topic, I have to say yes, Derelict Herds sounds A LOT like Riverside. I already mentioned something about it back when Watershed was released.

checking out a band through gp is such a terrible idea, the thought itself makes me shiver:erk::erk::erk::erk::erk:

and why is that? am i missing the important 'atmosphere' or whatever else you dicks talk about? christ it sounded exactly the same as the song

Looks like i have won this encounter

724you_win_the_prize.jpg

well if you listen closely, youll notice that opeth sounds VERY similar in guitar pro as they do on .wma. also, you havent responded to me in that previous thread.

I actually downloaded Guitar Pro and checked this out... I got a tab for A Fair Judgment to see if this guy is right... first of all, there's no vocals, and second of all, it uses midi to synthesize the music. It's like if Opeth did the DOOM soundtrack. I fail to see how this is an accurate representation of the actual song.

well if you listen closely, youll notice that opeth sounds VERY similar in guitar pro as they do on .wma. also, you havent responded to me in that previous thread.

I think that they sound much more boring in tablature, even with Guitar Pro's fancy synthesizer. There is just a big shortage of harmonic content, dynamics, "feel" which midi cant emulate, instrument personality, and of course voice. Major factors for most people listening to music, but not to some apparently. The whole riffing system of rock music is becomes tiring quickly without a good tone.