Opeth songs you hate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mikael Åkerfeldt;7384228 said:
Yes, I have chicken pox and let me tell you it sucks! I look retarded (more than usual)!

Some guys here are tough and secret master songwriters I see, how interesting. You have the knowledge to pick out the good parts and the "gay" parts. Thanks for letting me know.

I respect individual opinions, but have some courtesy please and don't try and upset us with blatant insults. With that said, I don't mean you can't complain, I mean if you couldn't complain here this forum would be completely useless. So, by all means, complain, but do it with style...or you're fucked!

I leave it in the hands of Samsara...

Cheers
Mike

:worship:

Mikael Åkerfeldt;7383481 said:
"Hessian peel" poorly written? FUCK OFF!!!

"By the pain..." is poorly written if anything, I admit that, but "Hessian peel"? Come the fuck on!!!

Fun thread overall, haha! Nice title! "Songs you HATE"...gee, kids are different these days, or maybe not?

Cheers guys!
Mike

you're right i think hessian peel is one of the best song on Watershed!:OMG:IT'S NOT POORLY!!!!

Mikael Åkerfeldt;7383778 said:
Haha! Isolation years is my fave off GR and Lotus eater my fave from the new one. Gee, we have similar taste don't we?
FUCK OFF you too!!

Haha, keep em coming, don't be afraid to say it, but by doing so you confirm that your taste is very flawed. You have to worship ALL Opeth songs or just go...away!

Cheers guys (again!)
Mike

:worship:kickass::saint: we all worship all opeth songs :)

mike has chicken pox? omg, lol, i had that when i was like 5 or 6 or something, i was in first grade or something i think. ok maybe i was 6 oir 7. anyways, i remember that i had perfect attendance for the year until i got the chicken pox like the last week of school and i was out for like a week. wow, that's fucking insane.

mike has chicken pox? omg, lol, i had that when i was like 5 or 6 or something, i was in first grade or something i think. ok maybe i was 6 oir 7. anyways, i remember that i had perfect attendance for the year until i got the chicken pox like the last week of school and i was out for like a week. wow, that's fucking insane.

Lmao yeah I had it at a very young age also.
And yes, Hessian Peel is one of the best songs on WS.

Mikael Åkerfeldt;7384228 said:
So, by all means, complain, but do it with style...or you're fucked!

*puts monocle on*

I must say, I found the ending of Harlequin Forest to be rather... trite.

*sips extremely expensive wine with pinky extended*

*puts monocle on*

I must say, I found the ending of Harlequin Forest to be rather... trite.

*sips extremely expensive wine with pinky extended*

rofl!!!!!

but you are full of shit, my monicle-wearing hombre. even if you're just joking,
i've always loved the ending of harlequin forest. in fact that's one of the things i love most about that song. in fact, that's one of the things i love about opeth, the way they end some of their songs with such brutal riffage. deliverance, fair judgement, hex omega, also stand out in that light. all hail opeth!

I don't think I hate anything, but some Opeth songs just drag on too much. Even When, which is one of my favourites, does that in the middle.

You know, I can start listening to it, cause the intro kicks ass, but sometimes I just feel like stopping to listen to the song around 4min mark, cause it drags on and I'm just not in the mood for that..

Edit add: But as I said, Opeth hasn't written anything that would make me say "Oh fuck! PUT IT AWAY!", that's the definition I have for "a song I hate"...

Mikael Åkerfeldt;7383778 said:
Haha! Isolation years is my fave off GR and Lotus eater my fave from the new one. Gee, we have similar taste don't we?
FUCK OFF you too!!

Haha, keep em coming, don't be afraid to say it, but by doing so you confirm that your taste is very flawed. You have to worship ALL Opeth songs or just go...away!

Cheers guys (again!)
Mike

I don't read these threads because I don't like other people's musical preferences interfering with mine, (granted I admire all Opeth's music as a whole) but this is probably the best rebuttal Mike's ever given. I remember reading the Ghost Reveries SE's foreword by him & in the first paragraph he put-

"I'm not that big-headed, though semi-confident in my writing and I guess a joking boaster. To some, I probably come across as a prick with a pumped up ego, but those people don't know me and they don't know that the greatest humour on earth is irony."

I remembered this reading his replies and couldn't stop laughing. Much respect to anyone & everyone's opinions but this is just too good. :lol:

Mikael Åkerfeldt;7383481 said:
"By the pain..." is poorly written if anything, I admit that, but "Hessian peel"? Come the fuck on!!!

Hey, I love BTPISIO! I think it flows quite well, and it's one of the most brutal Opeth songs, in my opinion. I know you greatly dislike it, but a live version would be awesome to hear! Especially with all the running double bass in the choruses. Epic.

Coil: While it's a nice proggy slow rock song, this is a shame to the Opeth name. Here is a term we never see thrown around on this board: GAY. The song is fucking gay. I like Opeth's older slow stuff (Benighted, Harvest, etc) but I just feel like a big fag listening to this.

Do you ever wonder what gay people call things they don't like? e.g., "That Porcelain Heart song is so straight, every part of it except the soft middle verse are totally into banging chicks. I feel like a huge hetero when I listen to this."

What a fucking horrendous thread, negative dribble which draws nor concludes any point other than oh this is shit and thats shit. I mean I'm not usually one to call shit thread, but wtf is this. And Hessian Peel poorly written LOL fuck off indeed.

+ FUCKING 1,000,000!!

This thread is complete negativity, an has no point what-so-ever!!!

FAIL! FAIL! FAIL!

Truck%20of%20Fail.jpg

I don't think I hate anything, but some Opeth songs just drag on too much. Even When, which is one of my favourites, does that in the middle.

You know, I can start listening to it, cause the intro kicks ass, but sometimes I just feel like stopping to listen to the song around 4min mark, cause it drags on and I'm just not in the mood for that..

Edit add: But as I said, Opeth hasn't written anything that would make me say "Oh fuck! PUT IT AWAY!", that's the definition I have for "a song I hate"...

wrong band mate

Status
Not open for further replies.