Opeth's Anthem?

If very few people like it then everyone wouldn't be saying its not that great, underrated, or the worst song they have... It's popular so seems like everyone is trying to be different and and say it's not that great. It isn't there best song, but they don't have a best song. I wouldn't know how anyone can choose just one.
But it would be the anthem, because like the person said "Opeth is the Demon Of The Fall" everyone rants for it at the concerts.

paradoxile said:
generally I agree with you with the exception of face of melinda...there's something special about this one

for you, and for me. But when they anouced that at the concert I went to, It was jeered at. ... Idiots.:Smug:

it has to be the drapery falls.
its has a combination of the most well known by hardcore fans, people who kinda know them will know it as well.
the song itself is the pure essence of what the band is about, and my personal fav \m/

affinityband said:
Because demon of the fall isnt the most well heard song.
DOTF is usually the one constant at the Opeth concerts...how can you say it isn't the most well heard song? Sure, the noobs probably heard TDF more than DOTF in their sound system, but seasoned fans have listened to DOTF much longer than they have TDF.

Don Corleone said:
opeth's anthem = the drapery falls

no question about it. demon of the fall may be the most played, but the opeth affinity covered it pretty well two posts up.
That's just wrong. Once again, no one asked what song best displays what Opeth is all about. I could agree that TDF sums up Opeth rather well... but that is not the answer we are looking for.

No matter what anyone says, DOTF IS Opeth's anthem. It's the encore song and it's the song which the most people yell for at every gig.

i guess it is demon of the fall

or blackrose immortal, since it's famous for being 20 minutes long. and everyone knows about this song =) even the ones who doesn't even listen to Opeth and maybe To Bid you Farewell too =)

If you are talking sing along, definately In My Time Of Need. Mike always says to sing along to that one at the gigs.

Powers said:
Led Zeppelin have Black Dog, Motorhead have Ace of Spades, Emperor have I am the Black Wizards. But What is Opeth's Anthemic song? Not their best, not your favourite but their most anthemic? My vote goes to When.
How is Led Zeppelin's Black Dog? Have you heard of Stairway to Heaven??

Opeth's would be Demon of the Fall

Powers said:
Led Zeppelin have Black Dog, Motorhead have Ace of Spades, Emperor have I am the Black Wizards. But What is Opeth's Anthemic song? Not their best, not your favourite but their most anthemic? My vote goes to When.

What? Led Zeppelin has Stairway to Heaven.

I'd say Opeth's is Demon of the Fall