Progressive Rock

aaaaaaaaw....:oops:
The perfect topic for me!!

I'm a prog rock worshiper :worship:

I must say that Rush is one of the greatest examples of Prog Rock.
When I listen to their track "Tom Sawyer", I wonder how the hell in '81 people could do such great music.

Prog rock has developed so much in the past 30 years, and I think it's unfair to deny such bands, associated with the genre during the '70s, like: Jethro Tull, Yes, Pink Floyd, Emerson, Lake & Palmer, Rush, Gentle Giant, Van der Graaf Generator, and King Crimson.

In some cases the bands themselves or well-known critics would question whether one or another of the above bands fit the term “progressive rock” as it is now defined by the music industry and by many fans.

ok....I stop...:Smug:

thanx 4 recommendation
i went with Mirage and 1973 self titled
should have asked you which one has most opeth influences
holy shit..."mystic queen"off of self titled is AMAZING
I RECOMMEND IF ANYONE ELSE LIKES OPETH OUT THERE

Damn straight. Camel's first two albums are simply godly. I actually prefer the first album slightly more. Few things cheer me up more after a shitty day than hearing "Slow Yourself Down" bust out on my speakers. :)

It's a real shame they went all poppish and radio-friendly in the late '70s. I've listened to a few of their other albums, and I haven't heard anything that even comes close to the glory of Camel and Mirage.

Anyway, :worship: Gentle Giant!

Probably one of the most experimental bands during the 70's.
Too bad they didn't "survive" more than 10 years...

"Octopus" and "Free hand" are a good recommendation.
So my dad told me,and he was right.
your dad recommended you some killer prog...
mine taught me how to booze
back to the prog though...i recommend "lunar sea" by camel
and yes i will check out gentle giant (never heard of em')
my angelic myspace friend

Pardon me for sounding like an Opeth fan, but I am truely in love with Porcupine Tree. Also, Flower Kings have my attention right now. I know you're talking about 70s prog but I wanted to throw that in there.

I belong to the porcupine tree forum but i dont mind exposing them to the brutal metal world.
Next to opeth, my favorite band at the moment so i agree w/ you dude.
(damn i sound like opeth fan)

Perfect circle is way better than tool and porcupine tree is better that BOTH combined. Bring this topic up on april 24th when PT's "fear of a blank planet" comes out
Guarantee everyone will be raving about porcupine then.
MARK MY WORDS

Porcupine Tree is amazing. I Can't wait for Fear of a Blank Planet. And about Tool... I really liked Undertow, but I was never able to get into any of their other cds. Love A Perfect Circle though, especially Thirteenth Step.

RIPDime05, If you haven't heard the sampler yet, check out Porcupine Tree's Myspace page. As for the leak, the title track in its entirety is already floating around on the internet somewhere; I would imagine that the rest would be soon considering that the album is coming out in less than a month.

Anyway, :worship: Gentle Giant!

Probably one of the most experimental bands during the 70's.
Too bad they didn't "survive" more than 10 years...

"Octopus" and "Free hand" are a good recommendation.
So my dad told me,and he was right.

My favorite GG album is Acquiring the Taste, Wreck is such an awesome song!