Seriously..in the trash or continue?

Basically I absolutely give a fuck about the way how (with or without theoretical knowledge) a solo was created, as far it´s good at the end. In the most cases a fine musical hearing is enough to perform a nice solo, but the hearing is absolutely essential! A good lead player should be able to hear, when notes are better to avoid. If this is not the case, I recommend to learn some ear training, to improve the improvisation skills :)

What´s up dudes, how is the progress so far? :kickass:

Everything goes well?

Hey Felix

just so you and the other guys know, I had a MAJOR fucking meltdown on my pc friday ... just when I was getting ready to setup my sessions to begin writing my lead parts. Soooooo ... I'm in the process now of completely re-installing EVERYTHING on my pc ... had to reformat (fuck my life)

I have windows up and perfect and a few base programs but right now I'll be beginning the fun task of re-installing PT and my plugs, etc ... will be a few hours before I can even think about working on my lead part. I'll have something for you though, just please have a little patience with me ... I'm already on my 4th cup of coffee this morning, working hard to get everything up and running again

Prost!:headbang:

:kickass:

I read your p.m dude. I´m corious about your solo. You can post it in this thread, if you want. So other sneapsters can rate your work, too.

Ok sure ... I'll have to wait until I get home though. Chances are I'll retrack it again 1st just to clean up any loose spots. Has anyone else finished their parts? Mostly curious if the lead section before mine is done cause depending on how that ends I may want to change up the front end of mine a little. It still won't be a final draft just cause I need to restring my gat and I still may make a few small changes and add a harmony here or there

Of course the real question is ... is there any Lydian? ¯\(°_o)/¯

I'll have something up tonight

-C

Hahaha :lol: How do play lydian? ¯\(°_o)/¯ Like I said, basically it´s not absolutely needed to know a lot about ear training and harmony, if you´ve got good earing. Though when one single tone is not diatonic/fits with the chord progression, it simply sounds wrong. There are exceptions, for sure.

Olli and James did one first attempts, would be cool, if they´d posted it here, too.

Hahaha :lol: How do play lydian? ¯(°_o)/¯ Like I said, basically it´s not absolutely needed to know a lot about ear training and harmony, if you´ve got good earing. Though when one single tone is not diatonic/fits with the chord progression, it simply sounds wrong. There are exceptions, for sure.

Olli and James did one first attempts, would be cool, if they´d posted it here, too.

Check your PM, let me know what you think before I change the strings on my gat :kickass:

as for posting it here ... I'd prefer to get some feedback from you 1st. If you like it, I'll post it in the thread cause I may not be able to final track for a few days ... give a few days for people to give opinions and shit all over me :D

I like it, Carlos :) Very nice ideas and harmonics! You got my p.m. A classical or western guitar would be absolute WIN for this part though!!! Seriously.

Cool man:headbang:

I sent you a PM as well but just keep in mind as I said, this is only my sketch pad ... just used my Pod and a small EQ shift with some echo. I'm gonna try dicking around with some acoustic modelers or whatever to see if I can get something more to your liking for the sound but at least the hard part is over ja? :kickass:

the playing is a little sloppy (wine induced) but if anyone else has a critique for anything besides the sound, go for it. My final version will, of course, be better :headbang:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/594184/1st Try.mp3

Hey Felix

I listened to the link you sent me and while I agree that it does sound great, and this is just my opinion, I think that maybe actual "acoustic" sound may not work as good for this part. Your acoustic solo parts sounded more dynamically linked to that part because there is no heavy guitar under it. For the part I wrote my solo for, there are heavy guitars which makes me think the more David Gilmour sound I tried to go for might work a little better. Of course I can make the actual tone of it better than what is here right now ... I mean more the overall sound itself ... might work a little better for this part. Its your composition so of course I'll try for the closest to what you want, just give it some though ja?

Prost!

Ok, Just finished my solo...I've listened and played it countless times and my head is spinning, so I need to hear some opinions from fresh ears...
I'm always open to suggestions...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/316805/felix_solo01.mp3

Ok here is my opinion sir:

Everything up to the sweeps = GREAT job!
Everything between end of sweeps until ending note = sounds forced
Ending note = GREAT job! :p

Seriously, its only that small section of a few seconds that sounds like filler ... maybe instead of so many notes, try something a little more melody based to work your way into that last high note. You already pulled out the stops by the time you get to the sweeps, let that be the "WOW!:OMG:" factor and end it like a vocalist

just my opinion man

as a side note ... I really hope I get a chance sometime to do a lead spot with full gain, even if I do love the quiet shit once in a while :)

Ok here is my opinion sir:

Everything up to the sweeps = GREAT job!
Everything between end of sweeps until ending note = sounds forced
Ending note = GREAT job! :p

Seriously, its only that small section of a few seconds that sounds like filler ... maybe instead of so many notes, try something a little more melody based to work your way into that last high note. You already pulled out the stops by the time you get to the sweeps, let that be the "WOW!:OMG:" factor and end it like a vocalist

just my opinion man

as a side note ... I really hope I get a chance sometime to do a lead spot with full gain, even if I do love the quiet shit once in a while :)

Thank you for your honest opinion man....
To tell you the truth I kinda like the part you're referring to but like I said I can't really be objective right now. I'll listen to it tomorrow, things usually sound worst the next day...:).
But even if I don't change my mind the final decision it's up to Felix, if he thinks I should change it I'll see if I can come up with something different.