so, when the album leaks

It depends what sort of quality it is. If it's anything decent (192k+) then I'll download it, burn it to CD in the correct order and just blast the living shit out of it through the monitors. If it's better than Deliverance, I'll buy the actual CD once it hits the shelves.

Depends for me. If there is a European release date that is far before a North American one I might sample some songs. But now with Roadrunner this could very well change.

Moonlapse said:
It depends what sort of quality it is. If it's anything decent (192k+) then I'll download it, burn it to CD in the correct order and just blast the living shit out of it through the monitors. If it's better than Deliverance, I'll buy the actual CD once it hits the shelves.

Oh come on man, I know youll buy it! :D

Its crazy being here on the *OPETH* forum and hearing people debate this purchase...

with other bands, I would probably just say, "fuck it, I'll just download it and then buy it when it comes out" but with Opeth, I have to wait until I can have the real deal. i don't know there is something about looking at the artwork and booklet while listening to the cd for the first time that is just amazing...i'm definately waiting

Def. buy it.....yup love the feelin of listnein while gazing thru the artwork adn stuff....its aewsome....kindda makes me reminisncet chikdhood.....though back then it was Scorpions, Deffleppard adn Bon Jovi......hahaha........PEAC EOUT

I guess it depends on when it leaks... If I know I can obtain it and it's not coming out for another month or two, I'll definitly crack. I'd love to have the willpower to wait it out, though.

borsox13 said:
I don't come to this board often, so I don't know about Mikael being upset about Deadwing. But he, along with the rest of the band are big boys now, and I don't give a fuck if it upsets him in the slightest. My goal in life isn't to make Opeth happy, I am a paying customer and love the music, but that's it. I will download it as soon as I get the chance, and will purchase it as I have done with every Opeth album.

Yeah, the band may have worked hard, but in this day and age, they have to expect it to leak, and you know what, if people love it, big deal if they heard it early, as long as they buy the finished product.

Exactly! But in Opeths case I do think I would like it more with the artwork and stuff but I don't think I could wait that long. As you said as long as you buy it what's the deal?