Someone else agrees Spiderman was overrated.....

Only 3 films interest me this year.

The Hobbit (apparently a prequel to some trilogy about some ring bullshit ... never heard of it before ... cough cough)

The Dark Knight Rises (how Nolan is gonna top TDK I don't know but Tom Hardy is one badass motherfucker and Hathaway as Catwoman - mmm, delicious - not sure if she'll top Mich Pfieffer's performance in Returns though - she was purrfect in that one)

Prometheus (Holy fuck balls. Sir Ridley looks like he is going to have an epic film worthy of the `Alien' universe for us after the disasters of the AvP films. I can't fricken wait - 60 more days!)

What did you make of Prometheus then? I saw it a while ago, and I was really looking forward to it. I was slightly disappointed, though. It was alright, I guess, but it just felt like a high speed evolution theory without a thorough story.

The open ending (possible plot spoiler) just kinda made me wonder how the heroine was planning on surviving wihout water and food.

The old-ball-and-chain made me go see Spider-Man Begins with her, and all I can say is don't waste your money on this one. They stolen full scenes from Batman Begins, and the last picture you see is straight out of 1989's Batman...lso with similar music! Seriously, fuck this movie.

Dark Night Rises ruled though!!

^
^
^
I knew it, the lame looking lead casts, which led me to think off the darn 'Twilight' series really shut off my interest towards the movie.

What did you make of Prometheus then? I saw it a while ago, and I was really looking forward to it. I was slightly disappointed, though. It was alright, I guess, but it just felt like a high speed evolution theory without a thorough story.

The open ending (possible plot spoiler) just kinda made me wonder how the heroine was planning on surviving wihout water and food.

I was lucky in that someone told me to NOT expect an Alien film - so I didn't and I enjoyed it - it's not perfect but it does open up a new avenue for this tired series of films to delve into.

I look forward to the next film - like you said that film gave us more questions than answers. What of the Engineer's homeworld (where the android and her are going) and what of the proto-alien that we saw pop out at the end (the Deacon Alien).

This could get very interesting - also it was the most visually stunning film I've ever seen and that's saying something.

BTW saw TDKR with the missus yesterday - as brutal as the Dark Knight was - left me exhausted but happy. So much to digest though - needs a second viewing.

^
^
^
I knew it, the lame looking lead casts, which led me to think off the darn 'Twilight' series really shut off my interest towards the movie.

It felt like a children's version of Batman Begins. I don't want to spoil it for anyone who wants to see it, but there were so many scenes ripped off from Batman 1 and Begins that I'm still mad about it! I mean, when there's a perfect opportunity for Spidey to say "I'm the friendly neighbourhood Spider-Man", but instead he steals a line from every fucking Batman movie, there's something rotten in Marvel-land. And Peter Parker is not a cool guy like they portrayed him in the movie! :bah:

so
this new spiderman movie with andrew garfield is officially going to be a trilogy now....
what are you people's thoughts on this???

BTW saw TDKR with the missus yesterday - as brutal as the Dark Knight was - left me exhausted but happy. So much to digest though - needs a second viewing.

a few days BEFORE heath ledger died...
DC had officially decided that Nolan's Batman movies were going to be a trilogy and that DC was going to make a 4th batman movie without Nolan's involvement immediately afterwards...
is DC still going to go through with the-non-Nolan-Batman-movie that they were planing on doing a few days before heath ledger died???
if so, is this the explination of why Nolan is involving himself (read ruining) this New Superman movie???
Nolan being involved in a superman movie is going to suck, you just can't make a superman movie "dark and gritty" like a batman movie

The Amazing Spiderman Trilogy? Wow...the execs sure is counting on the merc sale early.
A darker Superman? Whats next? A cabaret version of The Punisher?

so
this new spiderman movie with andrew garfield is officially going to be a trilogy now....
what are you people's thoughts on this???

Another thing they ripped off from Batman! :lol: I saw this coming, the way they set up some storylines in the film and all but spelled out sequel at the end. Who's going to play the Joker...I mean Green Goblin in the next movie? I mean it's got to be somebody you'd never think of, like Seth Green. Or James Van Der Beek. :loco:

The Amazing Spiderman Trilogy? Wow...the execs sure is counting on the merc sale early.
A darker Superman? Whats next? A cabaret version of The Punisher?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Another thing they ripped off from Batman! :lol: I saw this coming, the way they set up some storylines in the film and all but spelled out sequel at the end. Who's going to play the Joker...I mean Green Goblin in the next movie? I mean it's got to be somebody you'd never think of, like Seth Green. Or James Van Der Beek. :loco:

yeah, i know, the next 2 andrew garfield movies are going to be as crappy as this one