Soo...a genre question

I would classify them as metal, albeit on the lower edge of metal, near hard rock.

They have a few good tunes. They were one of my brief stepping stones into heavier stuff with Stricken and Down With the Sickness.

Disturbed have solos now ?. I guess the band realized mallcore is dead. I bet their solos are lame.

I think I heard a track off of their new albums, right before it came out, and the radio said it was disturbed's most agressive album yet. I wasn't expecting much, but the song wasn't really nu-metal or metalcore (like lamb of god), it was just inbetween crap.

Disturbed are one of the few decent bands from the nu-metal scene. They have a slight power metal tint to them. They aren't spectacular though. It's obvious who this album is aimed at. I would never call them awesome. There is much better in real metal.

deron didnt tell ya his other favorite band is papa roach did he?
so ya gotta give him a break. he has a soft spot for the stuff:cool:

The most innovative bands ever in metal, did not fit in any of the existed subgenres of their time.
I'm not implying that Disturbed are innovative, just a comment on "fitting into subgenres".

V.V.V.V.V. said:
No Deron, sorry...in order to be metal, you have to fit in one of the sub-genres, and Disturbed don't.

What do you think of the subgenre "modern metal"? I was listening to Misery Inc. and couldn't really think what else it should be classified.. not really heavy metal, not really melo-death, not any -core either.

Anyways, this song 'Guarded' doesn't sound like I expect nu-metal to sound like. Not my kind of music by any means, but if someone played this song and I had to classify it, I'd put it as heavy metal instead of nu-metal or hardrock.

I agree that it is actually a decent sounding album. Draiman has a surpsingly strong melodic voice. Still, I am not sure if I would call them metal, the band doesn't even think of themselves as metal. Hard Rock is probably the best descriptor.