Steven Slate Drums 2.0: SIGNATURE DRUM KITS... DEMOS!!

'm also open to any more legendary drum sounds to model.

Rage Against The Machine - The Battle Of Los Angeles
Nickelback - All The Right Reasons

What about some non-rock drums? I mean, if we got black album, deftones and tool drums, how many rock drums we will need? I can think on some cool non-rock drums like Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, Portishead, Soul Coughing...

Hey guys, I'm glad you like the new stuff, I've honestly quite hard on this new batch.

EVERYTHING you hear on those demos is not only in the drumkit, but its PRESET to sound that way right out of the sampler. For the Metallica Z4, I actually MODELED the reverb for the snare because it was far from a natural room sound. I think you guys will really love this new stuff. I'm also open to any more legendary drum sounds to model. Off to AES, release of this new Signature Drumkit series will be soon, and priced fairly I promise! And you know I'll give the Sneap forum some special deals.

I'm a little confused. Are those of us who purchased before August 17th still getting upgraded to 2.0 for free? As per this thread:
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/andy-sneap/327070-steven-slate-drums-1-5-update-info.html#post6423355

I'm a little confused. Are those of us who purchased before August 17th still getting upgraded to 2.0 for free?

Yes.
"Johnny buys the Steven Slate Drums Collection before this Friday August 17th. Johnny gets free upgrades to Steven Slate Drums 1.5 Elite Mixer and also gets a free Steven Slate Drums 2.0 Elite Mixer package in September."

It´s good to be Johnny. But it´s not September anymore :cool:

I've got a Rage Against the Machine kit in the works as we speak. I'm up for the non rock kits too.

And yes, Johnny, who bought the collection in the 1.0 phase on or before August 17th gets this update FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE...... I told you, its good to be Johnny.

To me, it'd be more of an essential than a bonus. It's like EZdrummer vs. DFHS. I'll take DFHS just because I can process it however I want.

I agree with you, but this product is/was intended for a very different purpose: sample replacement of already recorded drums.

Not too mention, I don't think very many of us could process raw drum samples to sound as amazing as some of these. Major props to Steve here..

I've got a Rage Against the Machine kit in the works as we speak.

Awesome! Gotta love your good taste for drums. I´m not much into Rage Against The Machine, but their drums is so big and loud that many verses of their songs is just the drums and vocals.

I vote for a Arch Enemy - Anthems Of Rebellion Kit, modelled on the Dehumanization song :) Mr Slate, if you could do that sir, I'd give you all my money!

Lamb of God - Ashes of the Wake: Something about these drums sounds were really new to me. Very pronounced attack while still sounding very natural. I think the separation of recording the cymbals after the kit allowed for different micing techniques (believed a lot more condensers were used)

Tool - Aenima/Lateralus/10,000 Days (all have very similar sounds, just better production with each release).

Here's my suggestions:

Iron Maiden: Piece of Mind, (great snare & toms)
Corrosion of Conformity: Blind (Specifically: Dance of the Dead. Amazing snare!)
Judas Priest: Point of Entry. (Amazing snare on Heading out to the Highway)

Lamb of God - Ashes of the Wake: Something about these drums sounds were really new to me. Very pronounced attack while still sounding very natural. I think the separation of recording the cymbals after the kit allowed for different micing techniques (believed a lot more condensers were used)

Tool - Aenima/Lateralus/10,000 Days (all have very similar sounds, just better production with each release).

Lamb of God - Sacrament, i also think have an awesome drum sound

I vote Dream Theater - Train of Thought. Awesome drum sound on that CD.