Steven Slate Drums 2.0: SIGNATURE DRUM KITS... DEMOS!!

Dream Theater - 6:00 - Awake, This Dying Soul - Train of Thought
Opeth - Ghost of Perdition - Ghost Reveries, Master's Apprentice - Deliverance

Thats what i would say personally!

Edit: Plus one for Honor Thy Father actually.

Ah,yes...
+1 for Slipknot

Slipknot drums also but i dig the drum sound in "Iowa" more than the one in the "Volume 3" album

i'd also add : Sepultura - Chaos A.D

When i watch my collection of cd's it's hard to find one with a badass drum sound that doesn't sound close to some drum sounds you've already unleashed in the slate 1.5 stuff.

yeah that could be my fault i put systematic chaos by accident when i wrote it, so if blackbird had watched the video someone linked to it and then read my post could've been easy mistake!

i would love kits modeled after Dimmu borgir - puritanical eurphoic misanthropia, katatonia - the great cold distance, cradle of filth - damnation and a day, and Strapping young lad - alien.

Isn't PEM just the triggered sounds of a Roland TD-20?

haha i love how everyones all of a sudden going nuts and getting all love strong over the possibilites of there dream kits being made :kickass:
i never even got this excited about christmas when i was younger this whole slate 2.0 shits got me loosing sleep haha gay

i will buy the gogs the second it comes out! i need them right now!!!!!!

i know some of these have been said but here is my list of dream kits.

the haunted - the dead eye (some of the best sounding drums ever!)
all shall perish - the price of existence
all that remains - this darkened heart
august burns red - messengers
between the buried and me - colors
chimaira - chimaira
any clutch
deftones - around the fur--- i know you already got deftones///
god forbid - gone forever
killswitch engage - the end of heartache
korn - self titled first album
lamb of god - ashes of the wake
mastodon - blood mountain
nothingface - skeletons
pantera - vulger display of power
pearl jam - vs.
queens of the stone age - songs for the deaf
rage against the machine - first album or evil empire
soundgarden - super unknown
seemless - what have we become
sepultura - roots
shadows fall- the war within
sevendust - sevendust
slipknot - subliminal verses vol. 3
smashing pumpkins - zeitgeist
soulfly - dark ages
the mars volta - de-loused in the comatorium
mars volta - frances the mute

the demos are sounding sweeet!
please release this sooooon! how about tonight?!? hahah

Yeah.

I'm sure there is a LOT of processing going on for Barker's sound though...there are probably cheaper ways of getting drums to sound even better than that too - Slate drums for example. :)

All this Dimmu talk makes me want to throw on some Kings of the Carnival Creation. :kickass:

I think the drum sounds suffer on Horror Show compared to The Sound Of Perseverance (Which sounds amazing! One of the most natural sounding drum mixes I've heard on a death metal record) or the Control Denied album.

I'd say THE most natural sounding!

They sound so small in comparision there, and don't have near the detail the Death/Control Denied drums do. He's an awesome player, though...

Dunno, HS has an awesome drum sound, fitting like a glove to the sound of the band and sounding very natural. I'm really interested in how much triggering did Morris apply on those three records...

pantera - vulger display of power

Definitely one of the most recognizable drum tones, I'll second that!
But, now that I think about it, somehow the magic of those sounds will be gone when you can have them for whatever bucks at your disposal...