Steven Slate Drums 2.0: SIGNATURE DRUM KITS... DEMOS!!

I'm blown away by that Metallica snare and ambience. Mr. Slate sold another copy here!

I’ve haven't used Slate samples, but was wondering about sound of the rides, I have DFHS and am uninspired by the lifelessness of the ping, even when brightened with eq.

What I’m really looking for is that Slayer paste type tone, can Slate's samples deliver what I’m looking for or close, any suggestions? Maybe include a slayer signature kit or a cymbal pack for me.

The actual kick on the metallica black album didn't have quite the "GUTS" as today's modern kicks, so I modeled the signature upper mid slap (if you can even call it a slap, it sounds almost like someone hitting the bottom of a snare with a brush!) but then gave it some more meat. A good compromise I think.

The snare... damn that snare. Hours of back and forth comparing to the original, tons of tweaking and out of the box thinking, the attac is so piercing that my ears started to get fatigued so I had to take a 24 hour break from it... but I'm loving the result!

I think our ride cymbals (and all our cymbals) kick ass, with a nice amount of air and 3D... they will come out with 2.0!

i'm reallly wanting a good ride, if you get my drift! i'll put my faith in the quality of what i've heard so far. Bring on 2.0, i'm saving my pocket money as i type.

hey slate! that metallica sound the shit!

can you do a snare like miko karmila style? i mean , nightwish , children of bodom. lullacry? you will be a god if you do that sound! :worship:

hey guys the drum sound on Rage's original album "Rage Against the Machine" sounds way better then anything else imo.. can we agree on that? Battle Of Los Angeles drums sound a bit ghetto to my ears.

nightwish and children of bodom should be on Itunes

I'd recommend the songs "Bodom Beach Terror" or "Everytime I Die" for cool drum sounds. The latter song has a bit thinner sound to it, but I dig the character. "Are You Dead Yet" has a decent drum sound too, even though that album was way over-limited and distorting all over the place.

Steve: note that these drum sounds aren't exactly "legendary," but very cool nonetheless and worth a listen, IMO.

slate do you have any sample in elite you would recommend to sound near "holy diver" with Killswitch engage? snare and kick.