Steven Slate Drums 2.0: SIGNATURE DRUM KITS... DEMOS!!

cool.... I'm going to get a hold of all of these ideas and start listening. I can say that Dream Theater is almost a done deal because we've had a LOT of votes on that one.. and we'll have TWO Bonham kits. Lamb of God I'll have to consider since that one is getting thrown at us quite a bit.

Actually, I would really like a Ghost Reveries kit as well. And that DT kit would rock, especially if you can do those little cannon toms Mike uses.

Ok i dont care how retarded this is going to make me look
and not to fussed if anyones going to agree on this

right the drum kit from haha Cradle Of Filth Vempire (Nick Barker)
Ive always thought this kit sounded excellent and loved everything about it.

you guys know the kit im on about right ? anyone gonna back me up haha

Just realized that all 3 albums I mentioned had drums handled by Richard Christy... He's really got an amazing sound, although I'm sure Jim Morris should take much credit in making it sound like that. :headbang:

I think the drum sounds suffer on Horror Show compared to The Sound Of Perseverance (Which sounds amazing! One of the most natural sounding drum mixes I've heard on a death metal record) or the Control Denied album. They sound so small in comparision there, and don't have near the detail the Death/Control Denied drums do. He's an awesome player, though...

For the alternatives folks, the Smashing Pumpkins' Siamese Dreams drum sound has as much importante as Nirvana's sound...i think it would be a great addition to the 2.0 pack

My reccomendations would definately be:
Dream Theater's Awake kit, 6:00 anybody? the drums at the start of that still give me the shivers, if you did a DT kit octoban would be a must!
Opeth's Deliverance or Ghost Reveries are both amazing drum sounds aswell.

btw, i'm a bit late, but the Metallica sample was killer!

Ok, been thinking about a few more:-

Slayer - Seasons In The Abyss - Gotta love those toms.
Slipknot - Vol.3 - Very nice, raw, acoustic drum tone.

Do me a favor... give me the top 2 DREAM THEATER songs and the albums they are on that contain the ultimate "Portnoy" drum sound. Same thing with OPETH.

Do me a favor... give me the top 2 DREAM THEATER songs and the albums they are on that contain the ultimate "Portnoy" drum sound. Same thing with OPETH.

Yeah, sorry dude, guess we're just like throwing as much shit at the wall as we can, and seeing what sticks. Sort of like just giving you a load of ideas, and just seeing which ones you decide to roll with.