Steven Slate Drums: Chris Lord-Alge Expansion

Just nearly took the plunge on this and SSD4 custom, but on the slate drums site it says I need an ilok? Only says it for custom, not ex or platinum, is this a mistake?

@Steven Slate: Why not include PRS files along the TCIs? That would very convenient in some cases. I understand trigger would miss an extra slot but still...

Slate... seriously, ignored twice now on my question about pricing. The 2nd time I even used a huge font for my post. Still got ignored.

Sure didn't miss a chance to promote your product more though or answer someone's question about iLok.

just bought it...
I really like the snares, some of the presets are killer (I like 3 and 10 for example...which happen to be exactly the same, lol).
The kicks are alright, I guess they'll be useful for some slower paced stuff (well CLA stuff), nothing for modern metal with fast drumming, but that's not what anyone would expect from CLA kicks, so all good.
the toms are pretty much useless IMO, but that might just be my taste.

The snares alone are worth buying it though!

Why is everyone complaining about pricing. That's just sad. Go buy those drums, mics, hardware, that room and the expertise used making this product and tell me what that would cost. So... please. It's a product and the manufacturer sets the price, not the customer.

Really looking forward to those snares and how the room sounds.

That's a bit like complaining about the price of a hamburger and then someone says go buy the cattle farm, the cattle, the wheat farm for the bun, the farmers and workers, the harvesters for the wheat, the slaughterhouse for the cattle, all the machines then build the factories and buy the shipping/rail roads then build yourself a fast food chain, hire all the employers and employees and the chefs and THEN see how much that hamburger would cost you.

I think the CLA expansion works out to double the Randy Staub expansion, and only a bit less than the ENTIRE SSD Platinum, so it is pretty pricey for an add-on (if you put "the name" aside)

I don't think the absolute price was the issue, but the relative price.

noone said the cheeseburger is too expensive, they just asked why the cheeseburger costs the same/is more expensive than the double cheeseburger with extra bacon and fries

Why is everyone complaining about pricing. That's just sad. Go buy those drums, mics, hardware, that room and the expertise used making this product and tell me what that would cost. So... please. It's a product and the manufacturer sets the price, not the customer.

I'm so sorry that I have the nerve to ask why the TRIGGER expansion costs the same as the SSD4 expansion, but doesn't come with as many samples. Pardon me, really, I didn't know I wasn't allowed to ask why. Can you point me to the rule book so I can never make such an egregious error ever again?

/sarcasm

You, like Slate, aren't even fucking reading the post.

My issue isn't the price in general, it's the difference in what you get but the price being the same. It's like paying for fries with your burger and not getting the fries. So... please, I'll ask about why it's the same price as much as I damn well feel like it.

Lasse Lammert said:
I don't think the absolute price was the issue, but the relative price.

noone said the cheeseburger is too expensive, they just asked why the cheeseburger costs the same/is more expensive than the double cheeseburger with extra bacon and fries

Exactly.