14. Iron Maiden- Seventh Son of a Seventh Son: 6
15. Mercyful Fate - Don't Break the Oath: 39
16. Negură Bunget - OM: 26
17. Neurosis - Through Silver in Blood: 10
18. Pestilence - Consuming Impulse: 23
19. Sepultura - Beneath the Remains: 36
20. Summoning - Stronghold: 11

Fates Warning/Mercyful Fate/Iron Maiden

Ryuu, you voted the same time as me and did not include my points so I am merging the results of you me and lateralus here. This here is the latest rankings

1. Black Sabbath - Master of Reality: 31
2. Bolt Thrower - The IVth Crusade: 3
3. Burzum - Filosofem: 9
4. Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus: 42
5. Coroner - No More Color: 23
6. Deathspell Omega - Fas, Ite, Maledicti, in Ignem Aeternum: 37
7. Demigod - Slumber of Sullen Eyes: 28
8. Demilich - Nespithe: 18
9. Deströyer 666 - Phoenix Rising: 39
10. Enslaved - Vikingligr Veldi: 15
11. Fates Warning - The Spectre Within: 34
12. Immolation - Dawn of Possession: 29
13. Immortal - At the Heart of Winter: 10
19. Sepultura - Beneath the Remains: 36
20. Summoning - Stronghold: 13

so, does anyone have any suggestions on the next albums that should be added, it seems pointless and annoying to add things if no-one else likes them and they're just going to be voted down, so I thought I'd toss some opinions out there first this time. what does everyone think of another Megadeth, Metallica, or Agalloch album, I know someone a page or two back said it's early for duplicates but we are missing some classic albums like Peace Sells, Ashes Against the Grain, And Justice. Also, would Dark Tranquility or Kampfar- Mellom Skogkledde Aaser be voted down if I were to add one?

No more Agalloch and Megadeth in the top 100 please...list needs Kill 'Em All and Show No Mercy though. And Awaken the Guardian and Melissa. And Venom.

I'm voting two for Enslaved, and minus one to D666, and that's it. I don't like the other choices at this point, really.

Albums like OM that have been spinning their wheels for a month now are just taking up space and keeping other worthy stuff from being included. OM was nominated way early on, and it got points when there were some weird albums to choose from. It's too high to vote down, but it's been lapped quickly by albums I nominated, like Morningrise and Unquestionable Presence.

It also irks me a bit that you shot down Forgotten Legends immediately and are giving Filosofem a pass because it's Burzum. This early on I would be less eager to repeat bands.

Well I didn't vote down Forgotten Legends and wouldn't, but I prefer three other Drudkh albums to that one. I would definitely vote for Autumn Aurora.

Also, by my count Avigrus has put 65 votes towards Phoenix Rising, an album that has 38 positive votes total. Doesn't this suggest something? There have also been recent instances where he put +2 towards it repeatedly. Probably at first before the rule changed, but it happened again rather recently.

My alternative plan is you get two negatives to distribute as you wish only if you do not make a positive vote.

I think you and Krow make good points. Albums like OM and No More Color have been stuck in place for a long time. No one is voting them up or down. One thing I think could work is the following:

Each player gets 3 positive votes and 2 negative votes. You can disrtibute them however you like, with the exception that you can not give an album a +3 vote. The rule is still in place that you cannot give the same vote to the same album twice, either positive or negative. This could help clear out some of the frozen albums, and also stop one person from willing an album on.

so wait, are we doing this now? if you +1 an album can you still +2 it next turn? because currently you're allowed to do that, and I do not think anyone wants to give up that ability. what about -1ing and -2ing one?

MasterOLightning's original idea was better imo, with a person getting two negative votes ONLY if they waive all positve votes that turn (though I am still unsure the system needs a change of this kind). Here are some more problems with allowing more negatives without this restriction:

the proposed -2ing ability also makes it possible to kill an album immediately after it's been added.

also you're TRIPLING the minusing ability of each person if you can -1 then -2 it as you currently can with +ing. Someone who posts every five hours could easily abuse that in "revenge" for someone minusing their album, and if that other person is only posting once a day because they have other places to be they're just screwed over. Everyone will do this when their albums are minused. I already don't like minusing albums because people seem to take it personally and use the single -1 vote they already have against you.

if albums are stuck in one place, why do people care and yet not vote them down? just vote it down. you're complaining but not rectifying the situation. I've already started trying to vote down stuck albums but i'm always afraid the one person who likes that album will -1 me in revenge. Now I have to worry about them having three times the minus power

No more Agalloch and Megadeth in the top 100 please...list needs Kill 'Em All and Show No Mercy though. And Awaken the Guardian and Melissa. And Venom.

dude, just shut the fuck up already ... please.

after Kreated

1. Black Sabbath - Master of Reality: 32
2. Bolt Thrower - The IVth Crusade: 3
3. Burzum - Filosofem: 9
4. Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus: 42
5. Coroner - No More Color: 23
6. Deathspell Omega - Fas, Ite, Maledicti, in Ignem Aeternum: 37
7. Demigod - Slumber of Sullen Eyes: 28
8. Demilich - Nespithe: 18
9. Deströyer 666 - Phoenix Rising: 39
10. Enslaved - Vikingligr Veldi: 15
11. Fates Warning - The Spectre Within: 33
12. Immolation - Dawn of Possession: 29
13. Immortal - At the Heart of Winter: 10
19. Sepultura - Beneath the Remains: 38
20. Summoning - Stronghold: 13

Beneath the Remains / Master of Reality / Fates Warning

Im plan on adding either Death's Symblic or one of Megadeth's first two albums next chance I get.

one fairly drastic change that would eliminate these arguments is to no longer limit the size of the list at all but have each person allowed only two entries on it at a time from now on, and totally remove the whole minusing system. There's no need to minus an album if it's not taking up space if the list is unlimited in size. no minusing and no limitation other than 2 per person at any given time = no arguments. we could then restrict a person's ability to vote for their OWN albums by saying they can only once a day, or only 5x ever, or something like that. we would tweak things until it worked well.

The 5x ever idea is to counteract the total lack of minusing. If someone added a papa roach album and they could vote for it once a day and no-one could minus it, we would eventually have a papa roach album on the final list and there's not a damn thing anyone could do about it. so the 5x ever idea would make it so that they can add whatever the fuck they want but they cannot push it to the top. the only remaining possibility is that someone else tries to push it to the top for them since the 5x restriction would not apply to them, but the entire basis of this thread is that people are supposed to be voting for legitimately good albums, so I don't think we have to worry about that second scenario. we could also add an "emergency clause" e.g. 90% of posters could agree to -10 an album in case something like that did happen, but let's not complicate things unless such a situation arises, which it probably won't

all in all there would be no arguments due to NO minusing and NO taking up space so that other people can't add things

however a huge change like this would probably not be for the best because we already have 26 entries and probably shouldn't totally restructure now. but idk, it depends if you guys like it and we could always switch back to the original system if something wasn't working well

so wait, are we doing this now? if you +1 an album can you still +2 it next turn? because currently you're allowed to do that, and I do not think anyone wants to give up that ability. what about -1ing and -2ing one?

No, I'm not gonna force a change unless most people like it. The rules are the same unless we come to a general consensus on a certain change. With what I was suggesting you can still +1 an album on one turn and +2 it on the next. The only difference would be that, if you wanted, you could +1 three albums at a time, rather than HAVING to +2 one album. Same deal with the negative votes. You can -1 two albums, or -2 one album.

MasterOLightning's original idea was a better, with a person getting two negative votes ONLY if they waive all positve votes that turn (though I am still unsure the system needs a change of this kind).

The thing is I don't think anyone would ever choose -2 option at the cost of 3 positive votes. It just doesn't make a lot of sense.

the proposed -2ing ability also makes it possible to kill an album immediately after it's been added.

This is true and could be problematic.

also you're TRIPLING the minusing ability of each person if you can -1 then -2 it as you currently can with +ing. Someone who posts every five hours could easily abuse that in "revenge" for someone minusing their album, and if that other person is only posting once a day because they have other places to be they're just screwed over. Everyone will do this when their albums are minused. I already don't like minusing albums because people seem to take it personally and use the single -1 vote they already have against you.

Can't really worry about people's motivations. Its everyone's own business why they vote for what they for.

if albums are stuck in one place, why do people care and yet not vote them down? just vote it down. you're complaining but not rectifying the situation. I've started trying to vote down stuck albums but i'm afraid the one person who likes that album will -1 me in revenge. Now I have to worry about them having three times the minus power

THat's the problem. Some albums are wasting space, but I don't want to waste 25 negative votes on the Corner that no one is voting for or against when I am more concerned about keeping Destroyer 666 and Fates Warning off the list. If I had more negative votes, I could distribute them differently.

one fairly drastic change that would eliminate these arguments is to no longer limit the size of the list at all but have each person allowed only two entries on it at a time from now on, and totally remove the whole minusing system. There's no need to minus an album if it's not taking up space if the list is unlimited in size. no minusing and no limitation other than 2 per person at any given time = no arguments. we could then restrict a person's ability to vote for their OWN albums by saying they can only once a day or so

however a huge change like this would probably not be for the best because we already have 26 entries and probably shouldn't totally restructure now. but idk, it depends if you guys like it and we could always switch back to the original system if something wasn't working well

Too drastic. Negative votes are a fundamental aspect of the game.

how about if you got three positives and two negatives as you suggested but just couldn't combine the negatives, I can see that being less dangerous a change. people would have to spread the negatives, promoting the minusing of stuck albums, revenge would be less ridiculously problematic than in the 3x-the-minus-power scenario, the rules for minusing two turns in a row would be simpler because they would stay the same as they are now, and people also could not immediately kill a new album