GMD Poll: Bolt Thrower's Discography Ranked

crimsonfloyd

Apr 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
Visit site
Directions: Rank Bolt Thrower's 8 studio albums. Order and number each album 1-8. Ties are OK. Your first place album earns 8 points, your second place album earns 7 points, etc.

You may rank as few as 5 albums. Lists with less than 5 albums will not be counted. If you list less than 8 albums, the first placed album will still get 8 points, the last placed album will still get 1 point, and the albums in between will have points distributed proportionately. The average points earned for albums that are not listed will not be impacted positively or negatively, so if you don't rank an album, you neither help it or hurt it.

At the end, the albums will be ranked based on their average number of points per vote.

***You may not vote if you have fewer than 100 posts on the forum (The TechnicalBarbarity Rule)***

You have until November 4th to finalize your list, re-familiarize yourself albums you haven’t heard in awhile, familiarize yourself with albums you haven’t heard at all, lobby for any albums you think are underrated, and lobby against any albums you think are overrated.

And please, no pseudo-Machiavelli shit. Just rank them as you see them.

In Battle There is No Law! (1988)
Realm of Chaos: Slaves to Darkness (1989)
War Master (1991)
The IVth Crusade (1992)
...for Victory (1994)
Mercenary (1998)
Honor-Valor-Pride (2001)
Those Once Loyal (2005)

I don't see why we should exclude Iniquity just because he has less than 100 posts if he wishes to participate, when TechBarb is on record making strategic, manipulative votes in games like these.

Any time someone suggests a rule-change, I evaluate it's merits in and of itself. In this case, I thought TB made a legit point that people who have barely posted on this forum shouldn't be allowed to contribute to a ranking that is entitled GMD. It also provides a firewall (albeit an imperfect one) against dupes, of which there was one very suspicious potential instance (but ultimately unprovable) in the Immolation thread. 100 posts is a low bar. That's basically asking for about a month or teo of contributions before contributing. It's not like I put it at 1,000 or anything.

Any time someone suggests a rule-change, I evaluate it's merits in and of itself. In this case, I thought TB made a legit point that people who have barely posted on this forum shouldn't be allowed to contribute to a ranking that is entitled GMD. It also provides a firewall (albeit an imperfect one) against dupes, of which there was one very suspicious potential instance (but ultimately unprovable) in the Immolation thread. 100 posts is a low bar. That's basically asking for about a month or teo of contributions before contributing. It's not like I put it at 1,000 or anything.

Having a post minimum is lame tbh. Whats to stop someone from going to a dead forum or the bloodbath forum and posting 100 times in an hour or so? and are you then going to go back and then say they still cant vote because they did that, even thought they met your nonsense milestone, just in a way you dont approve of? Shit like this and autistic 10 page arguments are NOT how to bring new people to these threads.

1. Realm of Chaos
2. War Master
3. The IVth Crusade
4. In Battle There is No Law!
5. Those Once Loyal
6. Mercenary
7. ...for Victory
8. Honor-Valor-Pride

Reactions: CiG
...for Victory (1994)
Realm of Chaos: Slaves to Darkness (1989)
The IVth Crusade (1992)
War Master (1991)
Mercenary (1998)
Those Once Loyal (2005)
Honor-Valor-Pride (2001)
In Battle There is No Law! (1988)

@CASSETTEISGOD you really dont like IBTiNL! more than that? Didnt expect that from you at all, especially with your interest in grind.

I know right? It's more that the rest of their records really gel with what I'm into these days, the grinding has taken a backseat lately.

To me that is their only 'bad' album

I can see why you wouldn't like it.

Yeah Mercenary is fucking amazing. Honestly this is unfair because it makes it seem like we dislike lower rated Bolt Thrower albums but the band is just so consistent that it will always look fucked up.

Yeah Mercenary is fucking amazing. Honestly this is unfair because it makes it seem like we dislike lower rated Bolt Thrower albums but the band is just so consistent that it will always look fucked up.

Yeah it's like 'the worst Bolt Thrower album ranked but it's still a 4/5' or something goofy.

Someone could put on a random BT album and I wouldn't care which it is. All are good...even the grindy one

Reactions: Dak