GMD Poll: Bolt Thrower's Discography Ranked

and i'm telling you that everything in their sound falls under the death metal umbrella. That's like saying Necroticism isnt pure death metal. Or that Scream Bloody Gore, Leprosy, Altars of Madness arent pure death metal because you can hear some thrash influence in there.

TechnicalBarbarity do you realize that what you said doesn't make what CASSETTEISGOD said wrong? Both of you made valid points so there is no point in having a fight about it.

Nobody is fighting, don't needlessly escalate this by saying things like that man.

Those blasting sections stand out in contrast to their usual sound is really all that is being said here. I agree that it's a death metal album, I just happen to also think it has some leftover (death)grind elements.

yes, it does. He said its not a "pure" death metal album, which it is. b) no one is fighting, so maybe mind your own business? and c)Thank You

edit: Yeah, i'm not questioning that they changed their sound up. Anyone with a working set of ears can hear that.

Maybe I'm thinking about it too much but it feels like early death with thrash elements is natural death metal, moreso than deathgrind or death/doom because thrash is where death metal came from.

What other 100% death metal album sounds like this does with the way it goes at 1:05?

I don't see why deathgrind or death/doom aren't also therefore considered "pure" death metal, if this is.

Maybe I'm thinking about it too much but it feels like early death with thrash elements is natural death metal, moreso than deathgrind or death/doom because thrash is where death metal came from.
But those elements were not only in early death metal. If mid placed death metal is the only form on "pure death metal" then you guys can scratch 70% of the DM bands off the list as "pure"

To say a certain style of metal isnt pure because it has other influences just doesnt make sense(especially when you consider all sub genres have branched from others). That would be like saying technical thrash isnt pure thrash or technical death metal isnt pure death metal.

What other 100% death metal album sounds like this does with the way it goes at 1:05?

I don't see why deathgrind or death/doom aren't also therefore considered "pure" death metal, if this is.

Again, that would be like saying "Blessed Are the Sick isnt pure death metal because is has thrashy parts"(more so than that RoC has deathgrind).

Anyway .... RYM, Discogs, etc all have that album as strictly death metal. No secondary tags for deathgrind, grindcore etc.

And also deathgrind = death metal grincore =/= deathmetal