GMD Poll: Bolt Thrower's Discography Ranked

Those Once Loyal (2005)
...for Victory (1994)
Honor-Valor-Pride (2001)
Mercenary (1998)
The IVth Crusade (1992)
Realm of Chaos: Slaves to Darkness (1989)
War Master (1991)
In Battle There is No Law! (1988)

Reactions: Iniquity and CiG
1) Honor-Valour-Pride
2) Those Once Loyal
3) ...For Victory
4) Mercenary
5) War Master
6) IVth Crusade
7) Realm of Chaos...Slaves to Darkness
8) In Battle...There Is No Law!

Maybe Dave Ingram's vocals have something to do with me liking HVP the most?

This one was easier to do because BT has half the albums of the other bands we did and didn't take as much time.

Reactions: zerostatic
after re-listening to their later era albums they weren't as bad as i'd thought but they're unnecessary. honestly no death metal band should put out more than 5-6 albums unless they dramatically change their sound

1. Realm of Chaos
2. IVth Crusade
3. War Master
4. ...For Victory
5. In Battle...There Is No Law
6. Those Once Loyal
7. Honor-Valour-Pride
8. Mercenary

Reactions: rms
1. War Master
2. Those Once Loyal
3. Realm of Chaos
4. Honor-Valor-Pride
5. Mercenary
6. ..for Victory
7. The IVth Crusade
8. In Battle There is No Law!

Blown away by how good Those Once Loyal is on relisten compared to everything else. I almost put it 1st but my love for War Master held me back.

Reactions: Dak
1) War Master
2) The IVth Crusade
3) Honor-Valor-Pride
4) Those Once Loyal
5) Realm of Chaos
6) Mercenary
7) ...For Victory
8) In Battle There is No Law

1) Realm of Chaos
2) ...For Victory
3) In Battle There Is No Law
4) War Master
5) The IVth Crusade
6) Honour - Valour - Pride
7) Those Once Loyal
8) Mercenary

deadline is in a couple of days yall

List finalized. Not much has changed besides a tie i had for 4th place.

1 - Those Once Loyal
2 - Realm of Chaos
3 - The IVth Crusade
4 - For Victory
5 - War Master
6 - Mercenary
7 - Honor - Valour - Pride
8 - In Battle There Is No Law!

Last edited:
man, i have a pretty sure idea of what the bottom three are gonna be (not sure on the order) but other than that i really have no idea how these results are gonna turn out

I’m surprised at how many people are voting TOL so high. Really, it’s best songs are repeated riffs from Realm and War Master.

Those Once Loyal was a pivotal moment in my appreciation of the concept of meta-enjoyment. I was first beginning to use the M-A forums regularly and had heard of Bolt Thrower on and off, and I knew they were a fairly well-respected band, but when they announced their breakup there was this seemingly spontaneous eruption of worship, "Wow they broke up because they couldn't top the album, amazing, such dedication to their art, I wish SUCKtallica could do that". What really sold me was when the crotchety old men on the Thrashmageddon forums also collectively agreed that it was their best album, when those guys pretty much never praised anything post 1992 or so. To be honest that's probably the main reason I never really bothered listening to the band to any appreciable extent. Either the album was truly a masterwork of the death metal artform, or it was the quintessential in-crowd death metal album. The stress of having to determine which of the two was true didn't seem worth the effort.

That's because 3 of their songs have the same intro and outro:

Cenotaph
Embers
Killchain

I think Embers is the second one. I am unable to listen to it right now to confirm. My guess is that was a covert 'song arc' or something and the band neglected to tell people about it.

Last edited:
Those Once Loyal was a pivotal moment in my appreciation of the concept of meta-enjoyment. I was first beginning to use the M-A forums regularly and had heard of Bolt Thrower on and off, and I knew they were a fairly well-respected band, but when they announced their breakup there was this seemingly spontaneous eruption of worship, "Wow they broke up because they couldn't top the album, amazing, such dedication to their art, I wish SUCKtallica could do that". What really sold me was when the crotchety old men on the Thrashmageddon forums also collectively agreed that it was their best album, when those guys pretty much never praised anything post 1992 or so. To be honest that's probably the main reason I never really bothered listening to the band to any appreciable extent. Either the album was truly a masterwork of the death metal artform, or it was the quintessential in-crowd death metal album. The stress of having to determine which of the two was true didn't seem worth the effort.

Seek help.

That's because 3 of their songs have the same intro and outro:

Cenotaph
Embers
Killchain

I think Embers is the second one. I am unable to listen to it right now to confirm. My guess is that was a covert 'song arc' or something and the band neglected to tell people about it.

That's why the intro to The Killchain was omitted during live gigs.