The Albums Project

^ ...lol, deleted the last post instead of editing it. Yea man, if i could somehow replace The Mantle with Ashes and move it down to like number 55 or 60 then id be fine, but no way another Agalloch is getting in the top 100, not a chance.

after Bitencourt29

1. Agalloch - Ashes Against the Grain: 17
2. Amorphis - Tales from the Thousand Lakes: 35
3. Bathory - Blood Fire Death: 34
4. Celtic Frost - Morbid Tales: 16
5. Coroner - No More Color: 22
6. Death - Symbolic: 38
7. Dio - Holy Diver: 19
8. Fates Warning - Awaken the Guardian: 29
9. Iced Earth - Burnt Offerings: 31
10. Immortal - At the Heart of Winter: 26
11. Immortal - Pure Holocaust: 48
12. Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden: 12
13. Jag Panzer - Ample Destruction: 12
14. Manowar - Hail to England: 20
15. Megadeth - Killing Is My Business...: 42
16. Metal Church - Metal Church: 19
17. Morbid Angel - Covenant: 2
18. My Dying Bride - Turn Loose the Swans: 49
19. Nokturnal Mortum - The Voice of Steel: 11
20. Rainbow - Rising: 35

Covenant / Ample Destruction / Ashes

I was gonna go with Blessed Are The Sick but thought more people would vote for Covenant.

After TNB

1. Agalloch - Ashes Against the Grain: 15
2. Amorphis - Tales from the Thousand Lakes: 35
3. Bathory - Blood Fire Death: 34
4. Celtic Frost - Morbid Tales: 16
5. Coroner - No More Color: 22
6. Death - Symbolic: 38
7. Dio - Holy Diver: 19
8. Fates Warning - Awaken the Guardian: 29
9. Iced Earth - Burnt Offerings: 33
10. Immortal - At the Heart of Winter: 26
11. Immortal - Pure Holocaust: 48
12. Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden: 12
13. Jag Panzer - Ample Destruction: 12
14. Manowar - Hail to England: 20
15. Megadeth - Killing Is My Business...: 42
16. Metal Church - Metal Church: 19
17. Morbid Angel - Covenant: 2
18. My Dying Bride - Turn Loose the Swans: 50
19. Nokturnal Mortum - The Voice of Steel: 11
20. Rainbow - Rising: 35

Iced Earth/MDB/Agalloch

Yea, no way I'm voting for covenant. I'd like to see some more osdm bands featured before another morbid angel album though.

Edit: I also had an idea about a rule change.

An album gets on the list if it has 7 more votes than the next album, OR it reaches 50 votes. After 60 pages it's clear any album with that many votes is definitely going to make the list. There's been several instances of people voting two albums with an extremely high number of votes and they stay on the list much longer than needed.

There have been five OSDM albums in the last 10. Bring back Elvenefris please, if you have to have more death metal.

I disagree with the 50 vote rule. It's too easy for one person to will an album onto the list because there just aren't enough minus votes to go around. Several people want the Agalloch and Immortal and Coroner album gone, and don't have the votes to do it.

Edit: I also had an idea about a rule change.

An album gets on the list if it has 7 more votes than the next album, OR it reaches 50 votes. After 60 pages it's clear any album with that many votes is definitely going to make the list. There's been several instances of people voting two albums with an extremely high number of votes and they stay on the list much longer than needed.
I second that.

If people don't like the pace of things being added to the list, then they should have the time between votes reduced. Basically everything will get to 50 votes eventually otherwise. I don't have a problem with two albums battling it out.

The two neck-and-neck album thing is a relatively short phenomenon. Even with the Demigod/Demilich thing it only lasted a few days, and other albums were still being pumped up as well. I still say a ~15 album limit would better consolidate votes, both positive and negative.

I don't see the need for any change right now. The problem with 15 albums is that as this game goes on, it will be harder for people to agree on albums, as many collective favorites will already be on the list. People will lose interest if they don't have a horse in the race and aren't enthused by any options, which I could certainly see happening beyond 100. If it's a little boring to people right now, it's probably because they don't like the choices. The list is really light on things that aren't genre staples, and the trad/power people can't agree on what to push, so we have a lot of that stuff right now. I'd love to see different kinds of albums.

Also The Red in the Sky is Ours should be on here soon.

Does anyone have ideas for a Power metal album that people would vote for?