The DEATH METAL Thread

Technically, Death Metal begins with Possessed :p

and Morbid Angel and Death aren't even that similar, it'd be hard as hell to compare the two.

So true, but still in their styloe they were huge pillars in the history of death metal. I'd say that death metal starts in California, and there there were loads of bands like Death/Mantas, Morbid Angel, Cannibal Corpse, Obituary, etc...

Anyway, I think that Death's (while they were still Mantas) and Possessed's first demos may have started the whole death metal thing as a genre, but you'll never know who started composing or making death metal first, so I wouldn't go as far as assuring that some particular band started the thing, but I'd say it was the whole Florida thing with all those bands together.

I'd say that death metal starts in California,

o_rry.jpg

More people should listen to Grave...

I'm still pissed about being asleep when they played at Wacken :lol:

true but i go in and out of these phases. i'll listen to my good ol' favorites for a few months and then i'll listen to new shit for a few months. it's constantly going back and forth

From behemoth.pl

BEHEMOTH Live Album Details Revealed !

posted 2008-08-21 by Manticore

BEHEMOTH will release their first live album, "At the Arena ov Aion – Live Apostasy", in October 2008 via Regain Records. The CD will be available as digibook (15 tracks) and metalbox (inclung a patch, a guitar pic and bonus songs).

aion.jpg

"At the Arena ov Aion – Live Apostasy" track listing:

01. Rome 64 e.v.
02. Slaying The Prophets Ov Isa
03. Antichristian Phenomenon
04. Demigod
05. From The Pagan Vastlands
06. Conquer All
07. Prometherion
08. Drum Solo
09. Slaves Shall Serve
10. As Above So Below
11. At The Left Hand Ov God
12. Summoning Ov The Ancient Ones
13. Christgrinding Avenue
14. Christians To The Lions
15. Sculpting The Throne Ov Seth
16. Decade Ov Therion
17. Chant For Eskaton 2000 e.v.
18. I Got Erection
19. Pure Evil & Hate

Definetly buy this, Behemoth's sets are - with no exeption - flawless, and full of energy. :kickass:

01. Rome 64 e.v.
02. Slaying The Prophets Ov Isa
03. Antichristian Phenomenon
04. Demigod
05. From The Pagan Vastlands
06. Conquer All
07. Prometherion
08. Drum Solo
09. Slaves Shall Serve
10. As Above So Below
11. At The Left Hand Ov God
12. Summoning Ov The Ancient Ones
13. Christgrinding Avenue
14. Christians To The Lions
15. Sculpting The Throne Ov Seth
16. Decade Ov Therion
17. Chant For Eskaton 2000 e.v.
18. I Got Erection
19. Pure Evil & Hate

jesus that is a long set

Death metal? I like Death, Morbid Angel, Cannibal Corpse, Carcass, Suffocation, Possessed, Hypocrisy and a couple of others. Newer death metal bands get on my nerves. The creativity seems to be gone.

^agreed, everything they've released (except for TFM but, that technically hasn't been released yet) kicks ass. defiantly death metal at it's best

What... The Fathomless Mastery is brilliant, it's going back to the old school death metal sound of Nightmares Made Flesh while still including the brutality of Unblessing the Purity. I think it's their best album yet.

Zyklon is amazing through and through.....don't know why they got killed on Battle of the Bands.....anyway, their newest album, Disintegrate, is quite awesome. Their first two albums are also good, but not as good. They also have an album coming out sometime this year, although it doesn't have a title yet or a release date.

One of my favorite death metal bands is Extol, even though only their first two albums, Burial and Undeceived, are really death metal at all. Check them out.