The Dimmu Borgir Thread

Best Album

• Total voters
the original Stormblast is the best..... it didn't sound pretentious& ridiculous like the later releases.

In Sorte Diaboli is still a good release, very solid record with good riffing all throughout. Of course some people that liked the older Dimmu may not like the bouncy hardcore/thrash riffing all throughout the album, and the Deathcult Armageddon type palm muting(for this, listen to the very last riff on The Sinister Awakening). Still there's leads, tremolo picking, melodic chord progressions, and a little bit of Hard Rock type riffing. Still a diverse band despite doing what some say is selling out.

^It's a decent album, but definitely not great. There are really no stand-out tracks. Most of the album just blends together, and none of it is really memorable, in my opinion.

I guess I'm in for a treat when I get Death Cult Armageddon and/or Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia because I thought In Sorte Diaboli was very good, 8/10.

Ive talked to alot of different people about whether dimmu are black metal anymore or not. And i was also told that shagrath or another member of dimmu said that they did not consider themselves black metal anymore, i dont know if this is true but if anyone does know where i can find that interview, that would be great. But what are your views on that question?

Death Cult is cool (Progenies of the Great Apocalypse is an awesome song), Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia is swell too, but you should really check out Enthrone. It's such a sick album.