The disappointing purchases thread

ive had a couple cymbals break when they shouldnt have :/

orange tiny terror - didnt like the tone as much as i thought, and soon after purchase i found a rev jr for the exact same price.

every mp3 player, phone and computer i've bought lol.

pearl sensitone 14x6.5 - terrible resale value

rme 800 - preamp number 8 broke while i was tracking with a trigger going into it :( sending away next week

zakk wylde wah pedal. Used for about 2 weeks... then put in the box. Now i can't even find it so that i can sell it lol

TC Electronic M350. Sent it right back.

What didn't you like about it? We used to have two M300 (the predecessor) in the studio until we sold them some years ago, but I actually bought one again a couple of weeks ago to use live (FOH). Can't think of any effect that's as easy to work with in stressful live situations! Browsing around in menus is something that I rarely have time for.

The reverbs and delays sounded too "digital" in my opinion. I compared them to Cubase built in plugs and the delays that came with my soundcard (EMU 1616) and they were way better quality compared to the m350 (could have been the M300 actually, can't remember). Anyhow, decided to send it back.

Samson C-station years ago. It made the output of my digi-001 immediately and noticeably worse and then the pots went bad after a couple months. You get what you pay for.
I'm surprised to see the BDDI show up here as it's always sounded great to me. Then again, if you bought it as a distortion pedal I can see being disappointed.

I'm surprised to see the BDDI show up here as it's always sounded great to me. Then again, if you bought it as a distortion pedal I can see being disappointed.

Unless I put it on bypass, to me it sounds like the XLR out distorts the sound even if I don't want it to, but on the other hand it doesn't go to overdrive kinda distortion. It also might be that mine is defective.

Unless I put it on bypass, to me it sounds like the XLR out distorts the sound even if I don't want it to, but on the other hand it doesn't go to overdrive kinda distortion. It also might be that mine is defective.

no, mine is incapable of creating any desirable drive as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
how about switching the positions!? :lol:

It´s a basswood guitar. At first I was using 81 on the bridge and 85 on the neck. The 81 on the bridge was ok, although a bit bright, and the 85 on the neck was a ticket to mudland. Then I switched then and it gave me much more result. 85 on the bridge was perfect and 81 on the neck was great, but not as good as the bridge 85, so...

Peavey Windsor head.... one trick pony, LOUD AS FUCK! And at the end not the sound I was looking for... so it's mostly my fault, had to dig in deeper before purchasing it.... the postitive thing that it was almost for free @ Thomann at the time ;)

And sold it :)