The food thread.

That "active time" estimate is bullshit, for me it'd be about an hour and a half... 20 minutes of reading/planning, 20 minutes added to my next shopping trip, 30 minutes of "active time" as they would put it (incl. re-reading the recipe), and 20 minutes over-monitoring the shit while it cooks.

Home made pizza is hard unless you've got a proper pizza oven. We got a pizza stone and had some decent attempts but nothing amazing. Have pretty much given up again considering there's an awesome pizzeria like 2 blocks away.

It's disgusting, yes, but I don't need to know any more about the meat industry than I already do. I'm still happy with my factory beef, and I prefer to keep it that way to save money.

Wild boar is an interesting taste. I've got family down south where theyre problematic and they bring us some occasionally.

Enchiladas verdes con pollo. Please excuse the haphazard manner in which I drizzled sour cream atop the finished product. Chalk it up to lack of a proper tool for that task.
19510520_10102968337784354_1167379301517638807_n.jpg

This started as an omelette with potato, tomato and onion, but took on a rather eggscremental appearance by the time it finished cooking. I wish it were prettier, but I prefer an eggsceptionally high ratio of plant matter to egg matter, which makes the product too bulky to flip by conventional means. Maybe I should eggsplore buying a two-sided omelette pan?

IMG_2707.JPG

Reactions: Satanstoenail