the grindcore thread

The scenecore shit is influenced by technical instrumental rock stuff primarily, shit like early Lightning Bolt, and probably some early screamo was influential to the modern wave of "scenegrind" bands like Norma Jean (aka Botch ripoff!), Fear Through The March Of Flames, etc.

Don't have too much grindcore in my collection. Pig Destroyer, Napalm Death, Agoraphobic Nosebleed, and some band named Pyretic who I can't find any info about (other CD's, etc.)

Alright genre. I was a little skeptical after hearing Anal Cunt, but after listening to stuff like ANb, I've developed that taste for it somewhat. Something nice to listen to when you're sick of melodic metal or even more-so metalcore. As Brick from Anchorman says...

"LOUD NOISES!"

I don't listen to a lot of grind, but I listened to some Haemorrhage yesterday and that was really good I thought. However I'm pretty sure that they are considered more goregrind, I don't think there is any difference between goregrind and grindcore other than lyrical themes. ( I'm not too sure about this)

I don't listen to a lot of grind, but I listened to some Haemorrhage yesterday and that was really good I thought. However I'm pretty sure that they are considered more goregrind, I don't think there is any difference between goregrind and grindcore other than lyrical themes. ( I'm not too sure about this)

Goregrind usually has pitch-shifted vocals as well. Not exclusively, but often. A number of bands labelled as such also tend to have more groove in some of the riffs, as opposed to constant all-out blasting. I guess both of those would place Haemorrhage in the goregrind camp, though their more recent records aren't really like that as much. More in the polished Carcass worship vein.

how about:

Exit-13
Circle of dead children
Mesrine
Fistfuck
Embalming Theater
Birdflesh
Brutal Truth
Gruesome stuff Relish
hewhocorrupts
Gadget
Insect Warfare
Kill the client
Fuck the Fact
Magrudergrind
Japanische kampforspiele
Machetazo
Cock and ball torture
Sayyadina
Shitstorm
Swarrrm
UNHOLY GRAVE
Bile
Cretin
Vulgar Pigeon
Catheter
Extreme Noise Terror
Poser Disposer
Flagitious idiosyncrasy in the dilapidation
REPULSION

etc etc.

ok can someone recommend me bands similar to Disgorge(mex) I really like this band and they are labelled as brutal death/grind so anything along this would be great!