The hockey thread

Doubt that. He was the 4th overall pick in 2005 and he has done nothing. Yeah he's got skill, but there is no consistency what so ever.

Dany Heatley's career is officially down the drain. Minnesota will be mediocre for a long time, probably until he quits playing. The Sharks was his chance to win the cup. Havlat is good return for Heatley, as the Sharks are now faster and cheaper (and probably a tad more clutch in the playoffs).

Doubt that. He was the 4th overall pick in 2005 and he has done nothing. Yeah he's got skill, but there is no consistency what so ever.

I recall Bruins play by play guy Jack Edwards calling Pouliot the greatest player never to live up to his draft potential lol. This after Pouliot took a major cheapshot at a Bruin player this past season.

I was thinking along the lines of the Bruins utilizing his size...make him more of a grittier player with some offense maybe thrown in...who knows?

Unbelievable. The entire Lokomotive team wiped out, save for one player.

He'll probably die...He's apparently got burns over 80% of his body...If he survives it'll be a miracle...Not that I want him to die, but honestly, If I get burned like that put me out of my misery...

What are you talking about?

Talking about when Pouliot took a major run at and cheap-shotted I think Andy Ferrence at the time. I remember the game...the Bruin announcer went ape-shit and over-the-top on Pouliot after the hit. Its kinda odd / funny now that he is a Bruin...thats all.

He'll probably die...He's apparently got burns over 80% of his body...If he survives it'll be a miracle...Not that I want him to die, but honestly, If I get burned like that put me out of my misery...

I agree with you, at least in theory. Hopefully we'll never get to experience that. But I guess it's up to his wife and/or other relatives to decide if he lives or dies if it turns out he'll never regain consciousness.

Dude what the fuck is up with the US @ the World Junior Championships, this is just baffling me, it's like they don't even care...3-0 Canada after 1...I mean I was expecting a closer game.

I saw the roster and barely knew anyone, I was able to follow it better being held in Buffalo...but this year i'm out of touch, wondering what youngsters are in the NHL who didn't go, maybe that's why we suck.

I saw the roster and barely knew anyone, I was able to follow it better being held in Buffalo...but this year i'm out of touch, wondering what youngsters are in the NHL who didn't go, maybe that's why we suck.

I know Zucker & Jarred Tinordi (who has been hands down there best player since the tourny started) & of course Jack Campbell and he's had a terrible tournament.