The hockey thread

I fookin love this time of the year!

Lord Stanleys Cup imo is the toughest trophy to win in all of sports. Let the wars begin!

Yeah, a Kings upset would be sweet. Hoping the Flyers beat the living shit out of Crosby / Malkin and co. That is if they can do it without getting penalized for simply breathing on the two whinebags!

I hate the Rangers but love Torterella...he nailed it when recently ripping the Pens!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah tough listening to at times.

Not sure if you peops know but CNBC network (Wings / Preds tonite) is also covering some of these series as well. Along with NBC-sportsnetwork (the old Versus station) and NHL network of course.

jeezus Pens are slaying right now!

:lol:
Was punched and then had his head slammed into the glass for good measure. Mr. Shanahan call on line-1 please.

Heck of a comeback by them Flyers...down 3 early...to a 4-3 OT win.

The non-suspension of Weber is a crock of shit. $2500 fine? Really? Taking and slamming a players head into the glass isn't suspension worthy especially as it happened as time expired...?

Joke league.

Wings got screwed bad in game one due to some of the shittiest officiating I've ever seen in a professional sports game this side of SB 40...but came back in game two and despite being outplayed got a good win.

Howard is playing some damn good hockey right now, and it is nice seeing our 3rd and 4th lines play as well as they are.

I hate the Rangers but love Torterella...he nailed it when recently ripping the Pens!

It's pretty much the opposite with me, I like the Rangers but can't stand Tortorella. Why does he have to be such a confrontational asshole in every interview? I don't get it.

It's pretty much the opposite with me, I like the Rangers but can't stand Tortorella. Why does he have to be such a confrontational asshole in every interview? I don't get it.

I do like the Rangers as a team...thier style of play etc. Just "hate" as far as the whole Boston / NY rilvary etc. Tortorella is a hoot and amusing at times...but yeah, he sure is an ass!

The Canucks have blown the first two games but finally, Schneider gets his opportunity. Even if they aren't playing at their best they shouldn't have any real issue evening up the series now. Goodbye Luongo!

Canucks havent blown anything...Kings have totally took it to them thus far.

I wouldnt trust Luongo as far as I could throw him when it comes to playoff hockey. I don't know exactly how much Schneider has played this year...but I was a bit surprised that he wasnt the starter going into these playoffs.

WTF is going on with this Pens / Flyers series. I hope the Pens even this sucker up, play 3 overtimes in a game 7, only to see Sissy Crosby put one in his own net!

I wouldnt trust Luongo as far as I could throw him when it comes to playoff hockey. I don't know exactly how much Schneider has played this year...but I was a bit surprised that he wasnt the starter going into these playoffs.

WTF is going on with this Pens / Flyers series. I hope the Pens even this sucker up, play 3 overtimes in a game 7, only to see Sissy Crosby put one in his own net!

Vigneault is in denial, and he's trying to skirt the issue that he, and the rest of the team, knows Schneider is a better goaltender. Every time they put Schneider in net against a formidable opponent or in a crucial game they always have an excuse for why he's in net and why Luongo shitting the bed isn't the real issue. Luongo wasn't his usual terrible playoff self in those games but he certainly wasn't great either and now Vancouver has a legitimate shot at making a comeback.

I knew Schneider wasn't going to start the series because the Canucks always defend Luongo. Luongo has had three consecutive poor playoff performances (not just last year) and has proven to be a major flake when the stakes are high. Schneider could win four straight games and I'm not sure that the Canucks would ride him all the way. I mean, everyone in British Columbia knows Vancouver threw away the Stanley Cup last year by not playing Schneider because they were in complete denial that Luongo sucked hard in the playoffs and couldn't get the job done.

Wings-Preds series has been actually pretty good close hockey. Rinne has just absolutely robbed us of sure goals, and our defensive breakdowns at time are just killing us.

We can still pull the series off if we can even it up Tuesday.

Pens - Flyers is a great series thus far, crazy games and tons of goals, but fuck today's game was brutal. Neal definitely deserves a suspension for the shit he pulled.

^
I agree. I love the nastiness but todays game was brutal along with the end of game 2 Blues / Sharks...wtf!?

@ Voss. Then shame on Vancouver for continuously skirting around and sticking with Luongo...screw him! There is and has been too much talent on recent teams only to dick around with these goalies. Too many players / teammates are left scratching thier heads thanks to Luongos coockoo-show. As you said we've all seen his act many times before in the playoffs.

Either way there was no way Boston was going to lose last years series no matter who played in net for Vancouver ;). It would have never matched Thomas's elite performance of the ages.

Props to the Fla's PA system...playing old school Stryper metal- "to hell with the devil" at games end.

Either way there was no way Boston was going to lose last years series no matter who played in net for Vancouver ;). It would have never matched Thomas's elite performance of the ages.

I have to disagree, even with Tim Thomas and Boston playing as well as they did and as consistently as they did in the series. With Vancouver, every shitty goal Luongo let in was deflating to the team. Everyone knew in the back of their minds their goaltender was a flake so this definitely impacted the psychology of the team and how they performed knowing this, dreading the likelihood of it. The Canucks had lost many of these games just a few minutes into them.

And I've mentioned this before, the Vancouver-Boston game earlier this year was really no different from those Cup Final games last year. Boston was tearing up the league beating teams like 9-0 and 8-0; Schneider got the start and the Canucks won a highly-competitive playoff-like match. If Luongo had played the Canucks would have gotten killed by an unimaginable margin.

But yes, Tim Thomas was pretty incredible in those playoffs. He reminds me of Mike Richter back in the day.

Agree to disagree on Boston winning no matter. But you do make good points...eluding to how I still don't get how Schneider didn't start more often or going in to these playoffs. Oh well, long way to go still...we just sitback and enjoy the shit out of these rides I guess!

Yah, I think this year's playoffs is off to a fantastic start. Definitely some of the most competitive hockey I've seen!