The Jackson Appreciation Thread!

HalfpintHenkka said:
:D Perth's Heavy Metal Pirate in a Chef Hat...

Hell no! i wear a helloween bandanna to work!

My black/white checked trousers, my chef white jacket and a helloween bandanna.

I insist on it.

NeedledWarheart said:

I insist on it.

is that Helloween bandana that bright yellow thing you were wearing in a display pic that you kept up on MSN for like 15 minutes? if so, what you're saying here is that you actually wear that thing in public?

:p

NeedledWarheart said:

I insist on it.
Well Molto Mario gets to wear his red clogs while he cooks...so it is only fair that you should be able to wear a Helloween bandana.

btw, what is your fav dish to cook?

mmmm...sounds good!

back on topic......

given alexi's short fingers, I always wondered why he used/uses Jacksons & ESP's...because they have a wider neck and thus making it more difficult for his fingers to be more fluent.

persephone28 said:
mmmm...sounds good!

back on topic......

given alexi's short fingers, I always wondered why he used/uses Jacksons & ESP's...because they have a wider neck and thus making it more difficult for his fingers to be more fluent.
Necks are tricky - [enigo montoya] lemme esplain. . .[/enigo montoya]

lets take gibsons and jacksons for example
Gibsons, have a "Fat" neck, meaning from the fretboard to the back of the neck, its fat, thick. really solid fealing, like you can really grab a hold of it and RAWK!!
but they are also narrow, meaning the strings are crowded more together on the fretboard. the reason jackson necks are "thin and wide" is precisely the reason that makes them shred machines. the thin neck allows for the fingers to be splayed out more, allowing a wider range of fingering. and they are wide to accomodate the fast changes from string to string, thus allowing for a cleaner, more precise pick attack. . .

Yeah I see what you mean about the spacing. I have smaller fingers and Gibsons seemed to "feel" better to me. Should pick up playing again and try a Jackson again.

Thanks

...hey the smilies arent working for me ; (

persephone28 said:
Yeah I see what you mean about the spacing. I have smaller fingers and Gibsons seemed to "feel" better to me. Should pick up playing again and try a Jackson again.

Thanks

...hey the smilies arent working for me ; (
yeah, just "pinch" the guitar at the neck, you will notice a BIG difference.