The Jackson Appreciation Thread!

Hey... about jacksons... I'm looking to go to guitar center soon to try out some new guitars... I find in general, alota the people that work there aren't really all that helpfull. I've heard from alot of people though, that Jacksons really aren't all that great, now that they've switched ownership to Fender.

I myself have a Mexican strat, and I think it's a nice guitar, especially considering how cheap it is ($400), but I'm looking for another guitar... one that plays metal better, and also just because Guitars are all I really give a shit about... and one isnt good enough (I dont count my uber-shitty $150 washburn that I started out with as a guitar). I've been really wanting to get one of the Dimebag Signature serries, the DimeSt2 in particular, about $600, but I've never played one, because I cant find em in any stores.

I'm wondering if you guys could give some advice, as to whether or not a jacksong would be good for me, cause I play mainly rythm guitar... and Jacksons seem more like an instrument for lead... Also keeping in mind that I dont have alota cash, so a $600 guitar would be pretty nice, cause I'm looking to buy a Peavy XXX halfstack sometime in the next year as well... ($1300) and I dont have alota cash, I'm only but 14.

Hey, you guys who were talking about cooking... a friend of mine, fellow metalhead and about 3 years older than me... came with an awesome idea for a restaurant.... DimmuBurger....

Come on, wouldn't you eat there?

actually id go with a stardard shape, since hes no going to be doing leads, go either with a DXMG, or a DKMGT (string through body if you dont like whammy bars)

id eat at dimmuburger

also, delt is gonna kill me, but check out Schecter C-1 Blackjack, or the C1 Classic, build like a neck thru ibanez, but a better feel to it

RideForVengance said:
Hey, you guys who were talking about cooking... a friend of mine, fellow metalhead and about 3 years older than me... came with an awesome idea for a restaurant.... DimmuBurger....

Come on, wouldn't you eat there?

Like that movie, GoodBorgir, with Keenan, Kell and Shagrath.

ready4war.jpg

haha...yes .223 calibur makes for a great guitar strap. They're dummy bullets. FYI but they look cool, and make you feel more badass when you're jammin in your bedroom.