The love/hate thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did that guy Basilisk ban you? I wen to t the chat forum once and made the mistake of disagreeing with him and he threatened to ban me. He seems like quite the tool.

Did that guy Basilisk ban you? I wen to t the chat forum once and made the mistake of disagreeing with him and he threatened to ban me. He seems like quite the tool.
BasilisK is a nice dude when you know him, me and Chris always joke around with him and we haven't gotten in any troubles yet. Maybe it's the fact that I know him from an old forum that died too.

Banishment sucks, not getting my daily UM fix screwed me over. I did miss this place, Susan, and all the chat crew. Sucks im banned completely from the chat forum, im gunna miss you guys. :(

WHAT? wait till chris finds out about that :err: That sux, we're gonna miss you too

It's more precise. What is the range of Celsius temperatures you might encounter in a region - 10 degrees? In the winter, if it's very cold it gets to zero, and if it's very hot in the summer, around 100. More than a hundred or less than zero is extremely hot or cold.

Clearly you don't know how celsius works. In Canada it can go from 35 degree in the summer too -35 in the winter. Water freezes at 0 but there is still a range of cold temperature below. :p

0 Kelvin is defined as the absolute 0. Not celsius.

I remember seeing Symphony X open up for Blind Guardian in 2002 I think. I'd never heard of them before that show and I was really impressed, and I bought The Divine Wings Of Tragedy and The Odyssey after that. I haven't really bothered checking anything out though, and I don't really listen to them anymore. Great live show, though, and excellent vocalist.

It's more precise. What is the range of Celsius temperatures you might encounter in a region - 10 degrees? In the winter, if it's very cold it gets to zero, and if it's very hot in the summer, around 100. More than a hundred or less than zero is extremely hot or cold.

This winter in Melbourne it has got down to zero C° regularly. In summer here it gets up to 45 C°. I don't think there's any difference in precision, it's just what you're used to.

Called metal_wrath the N word after he called me gay and had ago at me. Oh my god I should have been shot instead for my crimes!
Haha. Many people here in America do think that way. The only time I'd call a black man the n word, is if he made a racial comment towards me. And then if he tried to beat me up for it, I'd beat his basketball-loving ass to a pulp. Which brings me to this: I hate how people assume that the black guy will always win the fight if a black guy and a white guy get in a fight. It makes NO sense AT ALL. I've beaten a black guy up before. And yes, he was an excellent ball player.;)

I hate that I can't use 1 system for everything.

Exemples:

- For the temperature outside it has to be in Celsius or else I'm not sure if it's hot or cold. For a swimming pool you have to tell me the temperature in farenheit or else I'm not sure if it's going to be hot or cold.

I don't know how tall 1 meter and 68 centimeters is but I know 5'6". I have no idea if 90kg is heavy for a person but I know that 210 lbs is.

I don't know if a car is efficient if you tell me it does 60 miles/gallon. But I know it's great if you can do around 6 Liters / 100 Kilometers.

Damn Imperial and Metric systems! o_O

I'm the complete opposite, save for the Liters/kilometers part. To hell with your pounds and feet and German physicists:p

This winter in Melbourne it has got down to zero C° regularly. In summer here it gets up to 45 C°. I don't think there's any difference in precision, it's just what you're used to.
There is a loss of precision because every Celsius degree is equivalent to 1.8 Fahrenheit degrees. It is debatable whether it is better to have 0-100 related to the freezing/boiling points of water or the rough edges of human comfort. Either way both of them are fairly arbitrary in comparison to Kelvin.

Status
Not open for further replies.