The most overrated metal bands.

Life Sucks said:
Well, their riffs are really simple, their music is very monotonous, and their death metal albums are very unoriginal. They are by no means a bad band, but they are in no way one of the best death metal bands out there.
oh okay fair cop buddy but i like em but i like all british metalthe bands were the 1st and are the best :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :cool: :cool: :cool:

This is the first poster where I've seen actual slang british tongue being posted on here. Everytime I read it, I can hear an accent in my brains.

Hmm, no self respecting Englishman would call himself 'Paddy'.

Was it the 'peace and love' or 'dudes' that gave it away, them being such 'actual slang British tongue' ?

Here is some proper British slang, and it's on-topic:

Black Sabbath are Brummie spackers, their music is shan and that talentless ponce Ozzy can kiss my hoop.

metal paddy said:
oh okay fair cop buddy but i like em but i like all british metalthe bands were the 1st and are the best :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :cool: :cool: :cool:
I see where you're coming from. But they aren't really British anymore, since they do have three American members, and only two British members.

Pyrus said:
-dons elitist cap-

Everything you peons like. Listen to (rapidly searches through Best of NWOBHM '79 playlist) Praying Mantis.

RUNNNIN
RUNNIN' OOOO OOOOO
FOR TOMORROW!
HIDIN' FOR TODAY-EEEE-A

haha, Time Tells No Lies is awesome, despite rampant AOR cheese. Their early demos easily take the cake though.

Susperia said:
No...

Opeth
Metallica
I agree. They are definitely two of the most overrated metal bands ever, but I would say neither is 100% horrible. Everything after Metallica's first four albums is horrible, though, and I really don't like Opeth's acoustic passages (which account for 50% of their music), though they do come up with some cool metal riffs.

OK, so I was a bit wrong about Primordial. I got "Spirit The Earth Aflame", and on first listen, the vocals are better, except for the title track (camp as a row of tents), as is the music. Still not brilliant, but solid B-list stuff. J is in my base killing my d00ds :(

Blodsmert said:
Hmm, no self respecting Englishman would call himself 'Paddy'.

Was it the 'peace and love' or 'dudes' that gave it away, them being such 'actual slang British tongue' ?

Here is some proper British slang, and it's on-topic:

Black Sabbath are Brummie spackers, their music is shan and that talentless ponce Ozzy can kiss my hoop.
IAM LONDON IRISH AND IDO NOT LIKE OZZY AT ALL OR BLACK SABBATH ME MAM AND DAd are irish and i woz born in east london :saint: :saint: