THE MOST WASTED POTENTIAL

I s'pose CoB....although I'm not sure what they'd have to do to make me listen to them....I guess it's pretty retarded to say yeah if they used their talent to make BM then I'd be stoked, so that's a difficult question to answer in a way.

the haunted. although i dont mind their music (up to "..made me do it"), old atg was much better and they clearly are wasting their talents on music which is getting progressively worse.

i agree with Dream Theater and CoB. I like some of CoB's riffs and solos, their guitar playing in general is pretty sweet.
I would still listen to Soilwork occasionally if they didn't turn into nu-metal sounding bandits. Their old stuff was cool.

Older Soilwork is great. The bands music & production has been atrocious for awile now. I heard Peter Wichers left recently.

The Greys said:
Older Soilwork is great.
you make no fucking sense

not only did you hate at the gates until recently but you like a band whose first (and only tolerable) album was a DIRECT RIPOFF of "slaughter of the soul" except far less fucking memorable?

The first Soilwork is decent. I would say Predators Portrait is the best & it does not sound like ATG imo. Soilwork had some crazy solos & expirmented with clean vocals. I don't care who rips off who. Everyone rips off everyone. Just because you hear 3 similiar bands with the same style it does not mean you're going to like all 3. I have not listened to soilwork for about 3 years, just commenting on soilwork use to be a good band.

I can't see myself getting into slaughter of the soul. I like the first two now & can tell one of the guitarists that is abscent on SATS was the mastermind behind the riffs in the group.

CoF is wasted.
They could be good DM or BM if they weren't 'Faggoth'
Death to them kay.
CoB is amazing at guitars.
But they suck. Kay?
Alexi thinks he's all bad ass
Yeah, he sure is, showing up on MTV.
Cause that's really bad ass, you know, for a metal head
Rock on dudes.
Also!
I think Good Charlotte is wasted talent.
They were born, and shouldnt be.
In their place, some Norweigan legends could've been born.
BM \m/
They were mistakes, as was the rest of the pop punk world.
Not to mention rap and the other ganstuh "" musickz.
FUCK IT ALL.
Sorry, I'm done ranting.

To everyone who said Dream Theater: I can see how YOU know better than THEM how to use THEIR talent/potential. Geez.. what are you drinking.. D.T. are (ok "were") perfect because they did what they did, not because "they should have been the way i want to".

IOfTheStorm said:
To everyone who said Dream Theater: I can see how YOU know better than THEM how to use THEIR talent/potential. Geez.. what are you drinking.. D.T. are (ok "were") perfect because they did what they did, not because "they should have been the way i want to".

DT is a good band.
But their vox are really gay :\
John is an amazing fucking guitarist.
he'd do really well in a black metal band.
I learned alot from him.
Just, the vocals kill it!
It's like pop.
But meh.
It's not wasted talent I guess.
I mean, they're doing what they love.
And playing live shows.
Doing some crazy shit.
I'll just say, it's a hella lot better than any rap you can look up.
Nothing against DT, when they're heavy.
Not when tey're being like REALLY gay soft prog rock.
Like their first album.
EWAGE.
K.:saint:

IOfTheStorm said:
actually I feel that they were a great band, and that is my solid justification to say they are now WASTING their talent on shite albums when they used to write MASTERPIECES.

Well, now i don't expect from D.T. to write masterpieces. They did their part, and it was HUGE in all aspects (musical value, influential value etc), i can't ask them to write 10 "Images And Words", that is not the point anyway. Do you ask from Rush to write the masterpieces they used to write? I don't think so.

CRADLE OF FILTHS output took a serious nosedive after cruelty and the beast they went from being one of my favourite bands to being a band I can barely tolerate maybe its because nick barker vacated the drum stool or because the lineup has changed to the point that dani is the only original member left. I nearly got a cradle of filth tatoo when I was 16 I sure am glad I didn't now.

Prussian Blue. They could be sucking my cock instead of being stooges for their mother's ideals.

plaguewilder said:
NEVER get a band tattoo.....it's a bad idea...
I have a biohazard tattoo but its not really anything to do with the band at least a decade had elapsed between them releasing a good album and me getting the tattoo. I also copied the cheshire cat on the korn drummer's left arm despite the fact that I hate the band.

Trivium, they actually have talented guitarists ... but they are just wasting away making shitty metalcore.