Does this forum have a most liked band?

MasterOLightning said:
Probably because not that many of the regulars/semi-regulars have heard them. Not a well known band.

I thought Pentagram were pretty well known, especially if you have more than a passing fondness for Doom.

Pretty much all my metal friends in the UK have heard them. Maybe Peaceville sold more units here than in the US ?

EDIT: ...and if they had heard them, they would like them! I've never met anyone that has and hasn't (if you folow me!)

I think the people who said Slayer are right. I can't think of anyone on here that does not like Slayer's classic work. I will probably go see Slayer in June on the Unholy Alliance tour, though I am not into the other bands on the bill.

Life Sucks said:
I think the people who said Slayer are right. I can't think of anyone on here that does not like Slayer's classic work. I will probably go see Slayer in June on the Unholy Alliance tour, though I am not into the other bands on the bill.

Older slayer is ace. I do not think I would go see slayer at this point. With my luck Slayer would hammer out a bunch of newer songs.

el barto said:
There pretty good. But but for a broader appeal go with maiden who doesnt like maiden and why?
People that don't like any bands with clean vocals would not like Maiden. And there definitely are metalheads out there that don't like trad metal or clean vocal metal. Maiden is great, though, in my book. And I've never heard Pentagram.

I see your point but what would you propose. your obviously never gonna please everyone on the board but i thought maiden would be as close to a common ground as you could get if you list a death/black/doom band their are gonna be far less people into those type of vocals than clear

el barto said:
I see your point but what would you propose. your obviously never gonna please everyone on the board but i thought maiden would be as close to a common ground as you could get if you list a death/black/doom band their are gonna be far less people into those type of vocals than clear
Perhaps. I think that Slayer, with vocals that are not clear singing nor deathgrunts, and both death metal stylings and a traditional metal sensibility, would probably be the most universally liked, as someone already mentioned. Of couse, I am talking about their classic work.