THE MOST WASTED POTENTIAL

Greys,

why does it make it Ok if a band features someone "authentic" rather than a band of newcomers who make musc like their idols?

So by which token, Impaled = bad, but if Bill Steer decided to join them, they'd be good?

Confused.

Impaled is not bad but i'm not going to sit around listening to them or buy their albums when I have carcass cds sitting in my room. I'd just rather listening originators than random people replicating something to that extent. I've already explained why bloodbath makes an exception.

... Ribspreader is not better than bloodbath . They don't have anders harmonies. end

The Greys said:
Impaled is not bad but i'm not going to sit around listening to them or buy their albums when I have carcass cds sitting in my room. I'd just rather listening originators than random people replicating something to that extent. I've already explained why bloodbath makes an exception.

... Ribspreader is not better than bloodbath . They don't have anders harmonies. end

You explained it, but it didn't make any sense.

I ask again, why does it matter if the members were about when the sub-scene came out ? Good music is good music whoever is in the band. If you like your Carcass CDs, you're missing out on Impaled.

Because The Greys is a fucking tool, that's why.

And Dan Swano, luckily, didn't write any of the music (besides the crappy fucking solos) for Ribspreader. Rogga was the mastermind behind the band. Though I've only heard Bolted To The Cross, and the second album is supposed to be vastly inferior (according to the band itself).

Because i'm picky about stupid things like guitar playing,etc.and it matters. That is just how I am. I don't care if it's good music because it is not bill steer,micheal amott,bill steer or ken owen. I can go listen to necroticism anytime I want.

Dodens Grav said:
Because The Greys is a fucking tool, that's why.

Harsh?

It wasn't really what I was getting at, either. I think Greys might have a point which either he's failing to articulate, or I'm failing to understand.

The only thing to understand is that The Greys is a typical consumer, falling into the brand-name lust like most Americans. Ribspreader sounds more like old school Swedish Death Metal than Bloodbath. That's what makes it so funny.

Ex-cally-boo said:
Trivium, they actually have talented guitarists ... but they are just wasting away making shitty metalcore.
I agree. I heard a song of theirs on Headbangers Ball, and their music really sucks. But the song had a good solo, and it is apparent that at least the guitarist really knows how to play.

The Greys said:
Because i'm picky about stupid things like guitar playing,etc.and it matters. That is just how I am. I don't care if it's good music because it is not bill steer,micheal amott,bill steer or ken owen. I can go listen to necroticism anytime I want.

Nope, still don't understand your viewpoint.

Sometimes it is ok to admit you're wrong, mistaken or in receipt of a poorly conceived opinion sometimes, you know?

Dodens Grav said:
The only thing to understand is that The Greys is a typical consumer, falling into the brand-name lust like most Americans. Ribspreader sounds more like old school Swedish Death Metal than Bloodbath. That's what makes it so funny.

So Ribbspreader being more oldschool make them better than bloodbath. I like anders guitar harmonies more than ribbspreader alone.

I'm sorry if you're failing to see how brilliant anders harmonies are. Now i'm a typical consumer... whatever.

The first band that comes to mind is Nevermore.

Dreaming Neon Black and Politics of Ecstacy had some great tunes. There's amazing talent floating around in that band, and for being loosely rooted in the traditional/thrash genres, they've have some very creative and original ideas. But those down-tuned, almost nu-metalish grooves they've been using lately are downright intolerable. They'd almost sound like another third-tier metalcore band with good musicians who suffer from poor songwriting, if not for the fact that so many of their musical ideas are still light years ahead of anything metalcore. It's actually sort of frustrating, because on their last few albums I hear some outstanding parts, but they seldom come together well.

Carcassian said:
Nope, still don't understand your viewpoint.

Sometimes it is ok to admit you're wrong, mistaken or in receipt of a poorly conceived opinion sometimes, you know?

"Impaled is not bad but i'm not going to sit around listening to them or buy their albums when I have carcass cds sitting in my room. I'd just rather listening originators than random people replicating something to that extent. I've already explained why bloodbath makes an exception."

What is so hard to get. explain to me how i'm not making sense.

If people newer to the scene are playing better music than the originators, then the originators become obsolete. Like Entombed, Grave, Unleashed, etc. They're finished writing any semblance of good music. It's time for the next generation to step up. I'd like to see a Swedish Death Metal renaissance.

you're not making sense because as far as you know, all members of impaled could just as well have been playing death metal since 1986 and yet you're dismissing them as "random guys"... there would be no actual discernible difference in the music whether or not the members have been in the "scene" for a long time

you're saying that more famous = better

i.e. bloodbath > impaled because one of bloodbath's members was in edge of sanity in 1991...

brand name lust indeed

The Greys said:
"Impaled is not bad but i'm not going to sit around listening to them or buy their albums when I have carcass cds sitting in my room. I'd just rather listening originators than random people replicating something to that extent. I've already explained why bloodbath makes an exception."

What is so hard to get. explain to me how i'm not making sense.

Because you said that you would listen to Carcass merely because of the people who were band members; the point is that Impaled don't play albums full of Carcass covers, but play songs in the same vein as Necroticism.

Your argument seems to suggest that once one band plays in a particular style, that you won't be interested in another playing in the same style. You don't find it ironic that you would listen to "Shades of God" but then listen to "Brave Murder Day" as well, but not listen to any Impaled?

The overall impression you give is that you're bored with metal. Once that starts, it's a slippery slope. I expect you'll be on the pop music by years end.

Erik said:
you're not making sense because as far as you know, all members of impaled could just as well have been playing death metal since 1986 and yet you're dismissing them as "random guys"... there would be no actual discernible difference in the music whether or not the members have been in the "scene" for a long time

you're saying that more famous = better

i.e. bloodbath > impaled because one of bloodbath's members was in edge of sanity in 1991...

brand name lust indeed

^^ A clearer explanation of what I've been groping for, thanks.

Actually no... it does not take a rocket scientist to know Blakkhiems guitar playing is a lot better,more interesting,distinct than the guy from ribbspreader. What the hell is wrong with people.

"You don't find it ironic that you would listen to "Shades of God" but then listen to "Brave Murder Day" as well, but not listen to any Impaled?"

The guitar playing,etc.. on both cds are not even the same style. What would tell you to lump both together.

The Greys said:
Actually no... it does not take a rocket scientist to know Blakkhiems guitar playing is a lot better,more interesting,distinct than the guy from ribbspreader. What the hell is wrong with people.

"You don't find it ironic that you would listen to "Shades of God" but then listen to "Brave Murder Day" as well, but not listen to any Impaled?"

The guitar playing on both cds are not even the same style.....

Look me in the eyes and tell me BMD isn't, for the most part, very VERY "influenced" by SOG.