THE MOST WASTED POTENTIAL

The Greys said:
Actually no... it does not take a rocket scientist to know Blakkhiems guitar playing is a lot better,more interesting,distinct than the guy from ribbspreader. What the hell is wrong with people.
but you weren't making that argument. you were making the argument that bloodbath is better by default since having members that actually participated in bands with a sound like what they're emulating somehow would lend them some credibility?

Carcassian said:
Look me in the eyes and tell me BMD isn't, for the most part, very VERY "influenced" by SOG.

sure, much like BURZUM was influenced by VON

doesn't mean that bmd wasn't something COMPLETELY NEW at the time though, because it was. and i'm not discussing this further

Erik said:
sure, much like BURZUM was influenced by VON

doesn't mean that bmd wasn't something COMPLETELY NEW at the time though, because it was. and i'm not discussing this further

It wasn't.

No further discussion expected. I'm still awaiting Greys rebuttal of your point.

Shadows of God sounds very bluesy & and simple. Brave Murder Day is very chord oriented in an opeth sense. Shades of God does not has raspy black metallish type vocals or clean sections in the same sense as BMD.

You would have to ask the band who influenced them because i'm not hearing it. The first Katatonia fullength sounds influenced by maybe My Dying Bride as the flowers wither. Brave Murder Day has it's own sound to me because the guitar harmonies and chord progressions are not used in doom music. I'm not sure yet what I would compare it too.

I'm not going to argue that.

Now I want to know why dodens would find the guy from ribbspreader more interesting than blakkhiem. I realize this is subjective... but this is blakkhiem.

Anders Nystrom... this guy is a musical genius.

In Bloodbath, he's very boring. Ribspreader is better than Bloodbath. I don't give a shit who is in either band. I'm not speaking for any other project besides Bloodbath.

oooohh myyy some nerd on the internet thinks on DUMB.

Go work on some math problems smart one!

I'm out... you both sure owned me.

Carcassian said:
The overall impression you give is that you're bored with metal. Once that starts, it's a slippery slope. I expect you'll be on the pop music by years end.

If pop fans are less nerdy than dodens I might listen to pop music!.

The Greys said:
If pop fans are less nerdy than dodens I might listen to pop music!.

They're far less nerdy than me.

What is it with all the bitching on here? It's like everyone's a fucking woman it's so fucking bad.

Carcassian said:
So what was so new about BMD? (Other than the gay pop song on it)

The gay pop song.

LEETTSS STTAAYY HEEREE FFORRR AWWILLEE
Is something gonna happen TOODDAAYY

Very paradise lost(ish) indeed!. Do you like the dance style paradise lost ?

The Greys said:
The gay pop song.

LEETTSS STTAAYY HEEREE FFORRR AWWILLEE
Is something gonna happen TOODDAAYY

Very paradise lost(ish) indeed!. Do you like the dance style paradise lost ?

No.

I lost pretty much all interest once they decided that they needed to be Depeche Mode.

Their first four albums are still excellent though, and I don't mind the first half of Draconian Times.

SacredReich said:
I s'pose CoB....although I'm not sure what they'd have to do to make me listen to them....I guess it's pretty retarded to say yeah if they used their talent to make BM then I'd be stoked, so that's a difficult question to answer in a way.

By BM, do you mean "Black Metal" or "Bowel Movement?"

If you're stoked cause someone's taking a shit.......dude, you gots problems....:zombie:

Carcassian said:
No.

I lost pretty much all interest once they decided that they needed to be Depeche Mode.

Their first four albums are still excellent though, and I don't mind the first half of Draconian Times.

I agree(except I like all of DT). You know how sometimes I do not get into things on the first listen ?. Maybe paradise lost can get me into pop music if I give the newer albums another listen. What paradise lost should I check out after draconian times ?

Both of you should go tampon shopping & buy your grandparents some depends.

Erik said:
christ i don't think i've ever seen so much worthless misguided rhetoric in my life

you're not only way out in the fucking fields, you're in the wrong field with an albanian tractor

Welcome to The Greys.
/GRAVE DIG