The new In Flames...

What is this garbage? arrrrrggghhhh, my ears they're bleeding. They have a sense of melody and you can understand what he's saying some of the time, nooooooooooo. This isn't fucking metal, I hear no howling demons, the music is too slow and they use too many power chords. I will embowel these fuckers like a brigade of Romans. No fucking band has the right to experiment, I wanna hear the same thing over and over and over. Aaaarrrrrgggghhhh, I'm going to go skin a dear and eat it raw. I am soooooo fucking metal!!!!Aaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhhh!!!

Well, I heard some stuff from Reroute To Remain and didn't like it very much. I've heard this a step further in that direction so I don't know. Generally, I like more of the classic death metal bands than Gothenburg anyway, but I do enjoy past In Flames' albums, so I'll give it a listen anyway.

alright!

as a vetaran metalhead whom hates nu-metal as much as the rest of us do, i have to say that this in flames album isnt that bad, some tracks arent the greatest its true, but some are pretty fucking respectful

'my sweetest shadow' is fucking cool !

i dont see why people keep bashing them, fuck, they are doing what they want to fucking do, who the fuck are we to judge what they do. fuck whoever disagrees with that.

nordic viking lord said:
What is this garbage? arrrrrggghhhh, my ears they're bleeding. They have a sense of melody and you can understand what he's saying some of the time, nooooooooooo. This isn't fucking metal, I hear no howling demons, the music is too slow and they use too many power chords. I will embowel these fuckers like a brigade of Romans. No fucking band has the right to experiment, I wanna hear the same thing over and over and over. Aaaarrrrrgggghhhh, I'm going to go skin a dear and eat it raw. I am soooooo fucking metal!!!!Aaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhhh!!!

my point exactly, thank you !!!

i dont see why people keep bashing them, fuck, they are doing what they want to fucking do, who the fuck are we to judge what they do. fuck whoever disagrees with that.
What the fuck is the point of a forum if you can't express your opinion?

I've only heard "The Quiet Place" and hated it. It truly sounds like a Korn song. I'll have to download more before I have a REAL opinion, but I'll probably not buy the album any time soon.

"The Quiet Place" really isn't representative of the rest of the album at all. I think other than the three promo songs, the album is really good. It flows nicely and the riffs and solos are better than on R2R. It might not be as good as the pre Reroute stuff, but I wouldn't say it's that far off. I know people have different opinions and shit, but it's not nu-metal, that's for sure and it's definately not crap. I would think after making similar albums for six years that they would need to experiment and try new shit and I think they did a much better job of it on this album than on the last.