The nicest thing that's happened to you lately

The canoe trip was FANtastic! The weather (mostly) cooperated. It only rained for 10 minutes. The (river) water was very comfortable, so I was jumping in and out of the canoe all the time. The river was quite shallow in most places, so I could run around. I think for 19 of us we probably brought along around 150 cans of beers (no glass allowed on the river) and several mixed drinks. I had made 2 liters of "Screaming Orgasm" and most of it's gone now. heh.

We camped overnight on a sand bar in the middle of the river. After all the tents were set up, it rained pretty intensely for 10 minutes, so I ended up sleeping wet and a bit cold, but it wasn't too bad. The river level came up during the night, moving our "shoreline" 4-5 meters. We had to move one of the tents to avoid the water!

And the last sand bar we stopped at before the end of the trip was real cool! The river temperature was probably around 75 degF (25 degC). This sand bar had some real shallow water that moved real slow. So the sun heated up to a pretty warm temperature... probably 120 F (50C). And that was a nice effect that I'd never seen before. And where the hiot water rejoined the river, it was warm. Just glorious.

I think this was worth missing Metalfest for.

And I get to see Arch Enemy and Nile tonight! Fuck yeah!
And the Kodo drummers tomorrow!

And speaking of Arch Enemy, we drove through Black Earth, Wisconsin on the way back from the trip. :D

I really wanted to see Susperia at metalfest and I almost drove out there spur of the moment but I need new tire's. I've went twice on a canoe for a week down the Namakagen in Wisconsin and I agree, that sounds like it was worth it Nomad. I find myself in that state a lot.

Since the current subject seems to be water-related I thought about sharing something too..

We have this swimming place here. It's an old stone pit, it's square and one side is about 100 meters long. The water there is 6 m deep which leaves us 10 m of vertical rock-face to climb and jump down again. It's a nice place and we've spent there many sunny days.. there isn't much else to do here.. overally it's been a boring summer.

I'd invite you there, Hil... except that I don't expect to go to northern europe in the near future (but it could happen for work...). And the age gap is a bit too severe.

Anyway, the Gorespawn/Origin/Hate Eternal/Arch Enemy/Nile show bloody shredded last night! Ooooh yeah. Gorespawn is just a local band, but I liked their style. Origin is not my thing. And even though Rutan is god, I'm not a fan of Hate Eternal... you "can't" do solos like his in a 3-piece band. At least not such that I'll like it.

AE were FAN-TASTIC! The crowd was really into it. I was right at the front of the stage (on the left side). They played a good variety of stuff, but mostly off of Wages of Sin. And Angela's that much hotter in person. :hotjump: And I have pictures to prove it. :D

And Nile were great (as usual). They had great energy and kept the crowd going... (Monday night shows are tough for most people, I'm guessing). And they played 5 songs off of their new album (out 20/8).

And I bought a Nile and a AE t-shirt. :cool:

Yesterday i went to a beer festival...

Nicest #1: There was a blues band playing (Treves Blues Band, if you like blues listen to them!)

Nicest#2: After a lot of time i drank Guinness again, though i wasn't drunk 'cause i drank only one.