The (not so) Stupid Questions Thread

Why is Dee Snider an authority on metal? I feel like he gets interviewed in every fucking documentary relating to metal. It's probably because he'll give an interview to anyone, but the dude has no fucking idea what he's talking about half the time. I remember once watching him talk about how the guys in Cannibal Corpse were taking what Twisted Sister did and taking it in the wrong direction.

Fuck Dee Snider. I'm not gonna take it anymore.

Solely because the mainstream concept of heavy metal is completely different than the reality because mainstream media do not keep up with the progress of the genre. They're always a decade or two (or three) behind.

Great video. :lol:

The mainstream's perception of metal is very amusing. Like, didn't metal die out in the 80's with hair metal, and then later on with Metallica selling out? But then thanks to grunge and everything, it was resurrected in the mid-90's with nu-metal after years of nothing?

I don't know how people can say mainstream metal was dead in the 90s when you had bands like Pantera.

It's been a while since I saw any VH1 or mainstream specials on metal but I think the last one I watched was like that. They acknowledged death metal but didn't go into any detail at all and they ignored black metal entirely. With the early 90's I'm sure they did mention Pantera and probably Rage Against the Machine, RHCP and whatever else they thought was metal.

I know who Agalloch is, they happen to be one of my all time favorite bands ._. But I still can't classify them

I also hear black metal in it too, it's confusing.
They should have their own genre: awesome

Blackened dark folk maybe? They sound a lot like Ulver's Bergtatt and Empyrium's 2 heavy albums.

Pertaining to Agalloch, you're all right, including STK (there is a definite indie influence to their sound). Agalloch is awesome, and part of their awesomeness is that they defy categorization. My favorite bands follow this formula (Opeth, DTB, Emperor [their last 2 albums were only partially black metal], Borknagar, and Amorpis).
As for Wormed, I'd say slam with a little tech mixed in (IMHO).