THE OFFICIAL DREAM THEATER DISCUSSION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
The good hair metal is amazing, I don't use the word "fag" but since we're talking about Dream Theater, it's fine.

It is a double negative.

Gay = not straight

Fag = explicit slang for not straight

A not straight person who isn't straight, according to their terms of "straightness"? Sounds like a straight guy to me.

What are you talking about? That's like saying a not-a-dog person who isn't a dog, is actually a dog, because it's a double negative. Simply stupid.

All gay persons are gay. It is not a double negative. In 'gay fag', the adjective 'gay' is just useless.

What are you talking about? That's like saying a not-a-dog person who isn't a dog, is actually a dog, because it's a double negative. Simply stupid.

All gay persons are gay. It is not a double negative. In 'gay fag', the adjective 'gay' is just useless.
Do you understand context, or do you need to go back to grammar school?

The amount of education seems to be dwindling here.

J-Dubya 777 said:
Shhhhhhh! Let him run around calling himself a gay fag, and think it's ok.....
Proof in point. Fat people can't "run around" or whatever this blasphemy is you speak of.

Do you understand context, or do you need to go back to grammar school?

The amount of education seems to be dwindling here.

What is this context that you speak of? Are you referring to the commonly accepted definitions "fag" = "person who is not straight", "straight" = "heterosexual", and "gay" = "not straight", or the fact (let's assume it's true) that all persons who bag hair metal are gay fags?

claudeRichard said:
That's like saying a not-a-dog person who isn't a dog, is actually a dog, because it's a double negative. Simply stupid.

I know, that's bad grammar. You get my point though, right? The negatives don't cancel out.

Status
Not open for further replies.