Lost
Sons of Anarchy
Gotham
Daredevil
Jessica Jones
Spartacus
Breaking Bad

To assuage fears Einstein and Miller would replace Mulder and Scully:

http://www.pressreleaserocket.net/x-files-creator-wouldnt-return-without-duchovny-anderson/411368/

In other news, just finished Hannibal Season 2. Loving it. I'm surprised at something like this was on network television.

Has anybody seen the trailer for Hulu's new show called The Path featuring Aaron Paul, Michele Monaghan (True Detective Season 1) and Hugh Dancy (of Hannibal)? Looks like The Leftovers but with a scientology bent. Trailer below:

The People vs. O.J. Simpson is really pretty good, about 85% of the time. Now that they're about to start the trial I expect it to be a solid legal drama and hopefully some of the gimmicky elements are done. The acting and look and feel of the show are spot-on.

In other news, just finished Hannibal Season 2. Loving it. I'm surprised at something like this was on network television.

Hannibal was great. I can't imagine it would have lasted has long as it did if it weren't for the name, seemed way too arty (and violent, and sexual, and druggy) for American network TV. But I guess it didn't have any swearing, and that's all that really matters.

I always liked the Saul encounters in Breaking Bad, is BCS really that good?

i thought zombies had got trendy well before THE WALKING DEAD and if anything it was taking advantage of that. i remember people going on about the zombie apocalypse several years back. i'm sure it's contributed and whatnot though. i don't personally care, what bothers me is how repetitive it gets sometimes--same old crises and moral dilemmas over and over. also the regularly shitty dialogue and the inability to decide how comic bookish it wants to be. i'm only on the fourth season though, still persisting with it for the time being.

The show started off pretty good, but it kind of went downhill after a while. Some of the arcs and seasons were boring and cringeworthy, but when its good, I really enjoy it. The problem for a while has been the plot though. Establish safety. Crisis happens. Avert crisis. Rinse and repeat. It's all just been filler since season 2. Im not even sure the show has a point anymore besides the infighting of groups and power struggles with strangers. Not to mention the sappy romance drama that is overplayed just to boost ratings.

it's uneven for sure, but far from terrible. seems like people are overcompensating for the hype to me

Yea, kind of this. There is still some value in the series, so ill probably still watch it.

They went down the path of the vampire.

Yea man, vampires used to be pretty badass, until it became all modernized and an overly romantic self parody genre pandering to teenage girls. Ive started to develop an aversion to them now.

Reactions: CiG
the second half of season 4 and start of season 5 (which is where i'm up to) have been significantly better (and darker, in a good way) than, say, season 3 IMO, so i don't buy into the talk of it declining. it probs depends on the showrunner as pompey has said. i agree it's repetitive, in any case. i think i just watch enough mediocre movies and TV that it seems less bad to me than those who pick and choose more carefully haha.

The Walking Dead has definitely picked back up the last couple of seasons, though the last few episodes have had some romantic element in them but not too sappy

What blows me away about Better Call Saul, other than more screen time for Jonathan Banks, is that three of the characters are comedians: Bob Odenkirk, Michael McKean, and Ed Beagley Jr, yet they absolutely nail the drama. Reminds me of when Robin Williams would do dramatic roles and knock it out of the park

House of Cards season 4 :kickass:

R.I.P. [redacted]. You were a good character.

I watched like half the season yesterday and will undoubtedly watch the other half later tonight when I'm home. Show is like crack. So smart and always exciting. No reason to stop.

What blows me away about Better Call Saul, other than more screen time for Jonathan Banks, is that three of the characters are comedians: Bob Odenkirk, Michael McKean, and Ed Beagley Jr, yet they absolutely nail the drama. Reminds me of when Robin Williams would do dramatic roles and knock it out of the park

Banks and Odenkirk were the best parts of BB, and now I get to see them without all the increasingly adsurd meth related stuff and that whiney kid.

Banks beaten face grinning right back at Tuco was such a great moment.

The only thing that's currently going that I really care about is BCS so I checked out Black Sails.

Glad I did. I was expecting something ridiculous like Spartacus but it manages to feel a lot more like a 'serious drama' like Rome whilst still being, because it's pirates, and a prequel to Treasure Island, pretty ridiculous. The guy playing Flint, who I just found out is Maggie Smith's son, is great. Plus there's loads of tits, pubic hair and cutlasses.

Bear McCreary's music is cool too. The work he's done in this, Battlestar Galactica and The Walking Dead shits all over that fucking awful Game of Thrones tune that dickheads everywhere proclaim to love. Tasteless cunts.