The Official Good Television Thread

Chuck is a bastard either way

Yeah. It's not so much what Chuck does that makes him a bastard to the viewer as it is seeing him wrapping himself in this blanket of morality all while being this petty, underhanded person. Jimmy doesn't hide what he is, and in many cases at least means well.

A buddy of mine surmises it's Gus Fring

I would be a little disappointed if they shoehorned him in like that. There's been a few things to occur in the show that have been disappointing, like the old "from out of the screen" surprise when Mike puts the gun to the drivers head. It doesn't work when there was nothing to hide behind in that direction. There has to be a better way to introduce Gus.

I never pay attention to show titles. If that is true then it's probably related. Can't wait to see Hector put in the wheelchair. Was hoping that would be the moment but I guess we wait.

Reactions: unknown
You got the anagram wrong, it's "Fring's Back". Further supported by the fact that the title of the season finale is misspelled ("Klick") as if they really needed a 'k'.

My theory is that not Gus but someone working for Gus (Victor?) put the note there. Either that or one of Nacho's guys and I'm not even sure if we've seen him have guys. It would have to be someone who's an enemy of the Salamancas (and by extension an ally of Mike) to just warn him instead of capturing/killing him.

EDIT: Confirmed to be Gus (or some underling more likely): http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2016/04/better-call-saul-gus-frings-back-title-anagram-finale

Last edited:
Flight of the Conchords is great. So witty. It's genius, I wish it was still going but hey, two perfect seasons of Kiwi genius are better than none at all.
And Top Gear, because I love cars and it's humorous. We need it back! I hate the BBC so much for taking it off air. Not as if I didn't hate the BBC before that, but it really was the nail in the coffin. I will internally ball my eyes out until the day Jezza comes back. :cry:

Anyone else watching The Americans? The current season has been fucking amazing so far, best currently airing television show imo well other than JoJo obviously

Anyone watch the new Game of Thrones yet? Not a lot happened, it was mainly just setting up stuff for upcoming episodes but I still enjoyed it like I do all GoT.

I thought it was a good season opener...brought back majority of the storylines from the previous season...people died and their were titties. Textbook GoT episode

Reactions: Phylactery
I've started to think that GoT is the adult Dragon Ball Z. We all know what's going to happen (for the most part), but they still drag it on for 10 episodes.

Daenarys is going to be a widow under lock and key forever!? Tune in next time!!!
Is Jon Snow going to come back alive and get his revenge!? Tune in next time!!!
Sansa Stark going to become lesbian with tall knight!? Tune in next time!!!

Been catching up on season 2 of BCS and ignored @unknown and @Dak 's convo, but man it really feels like this show should have been about Mike's character instead. Barely interested in the lawyer feud life compared to the downhill path Mike is taking/being forced into etc..

Reactions: Dak and unknown