The Official Good Television Thread

Mr. Robot isn't actually about robots and androids, despite the name. It's about the increasing integration of private life and technology, the ubiquity of virtual information, and how that information is compromised. I think the show sets up a parallel between technological selfhood and psychic disturbance, suggesting that all of us in the modern world are basically quasi-cyborgs.

Reactions: CiG
Mr. Robot isn't actually about robots and androids, despite the name. It's about the increasing integration of private life and technology, the ubiquity of virtual information, and how that information is compromised. I think the show sets up a parallel between technological selfhood and psychic disturbance, suggesting that all of us in the modern world are basically quasi-cyborgs.

Oh okay, eep my mistake. Was there a show that fit my question though? I could've sworn...

That's the one! Fucking hell, I need a memory upgrade. Cheers man. :lol:

i take it you haven't seen the classic '70s b-movie (of the same name) it was based on, written and directed by michael crichton lol. it's kinda like terminator as a western except it precedes terminator by over a decade, i reckon cameron must've seen it. i assume the TV show is a lot more deep/thoughtful but i know you like your action b-movies so just throwing that out there

My dissertation advisor was all over the television series when it came out, and went and watched the '70s movie afterward. He gave it a mildly good review. :D I still haven't seen it, but I used to be (and still am, in a nostalgic way) a huge Crichton fan.

Those last 15 minutes again, so good. Not as good as Euron rolling up like a straight up G, but still very good. For some reason i kind of wanted her to get hit and just explode into dragon dust or whatever. I'm getting sick a tired of her and her little intentional entourage.

Fuck that episode was good. Loved all the Arya scenes, and the battle was fucking epic. The Dothraki running through the fire. Bronne scrambling around the battlefield. Tyrion watching from the hill. Just an excellently composed scene.

Jaime seems fucked, but you gotta figure someone is gonna save him somehow (otherwise, just let Drogon torch him). And Arya seems destined to take Littlefinger's face now. Dude seems to be on the ropes.

Those last 15 minutes again, so good. Not as good as Euron rolling up like a straight up G, but still very good. For some reason i kind of wanted her to get hit and just explode into dragon dust or whatever. I'm getting sick a tired of her and her little intentional entourage.

Better imo, as we're more invested in the characters that were involved in this battle. And Daenerys finally entered the fray. What do you have against her anyway? She seems one of the more sensible people to rule the Seven Kingdoms.

Better imo, as we're more invested in the characters that were involved in this battle.

Dont get me wrong, it was great ... but I like the more darker, bloodier, realistic battle scenes. And the one from the second episode was far more brutal and darker.

Also, way too many "he/she was about to die but made it" moments for a GoT episode tbh. But still a VERY strong outing.

The timeline for the concluding battle didn't really make sense to me. Seemed rushed, why was that convoy of everything important still in that location when it takes however long for the Dothraki to cross the sea?

The timeline for the concluding battle didn't really make sense to me. Seemed rushed, why was that convoy of everything important still in that location when it takes however long for the Dothraki to cross the sea?

First of all, I think they've said "fuck it" to a lot the logistics because they went into this season knowing they only had 13 episodes left. Second of all, I've never taken the show to be strictly chronological in the sense that the scene that opens the show in one location necessarily precedes a scene later in the show that occurs at a different location. In my mind, there's no reason that all the scenes in Highgarden couldn't have happened on the same day while the scenes in Dragonstone couldn't have been a week or two later. Martin makes a warning of this sort in the preface to A Dance With Dragons, and I've always transferred that over to the show.

I'm really hoping some new fantasy creature is released from its tomb beneath all that dragon glass. I feel like there's some great mystery in there besides all the kids artwork on the walls.

I'm also in the camp that grey scale is somehow dragon related, why else would you include a disease that literally gives you scales?