The Official Good Television Thread

Boardwalk Empire imo is a pretty solid period drama but lacking in personality. I agree with Slayed that the ending was perfect but I didn't much like the last two seasons leading up to it. Seasons 2 and 3 were pretty great though.

Box scene still haunts me.

My The Wire seasons ranking is 3 > 2 > 4 > 5 > 1, but this is going off a single watch several years back.

Out of the three shows discussed in that article I'd pick The Sopranos as my favorite, but it is the only one I've seen several times so it's the one I'm most familiar with. It is definitely the least consistent though, there are multiple episodes that bore me to tears but the peaks are so high I don't care all that much.

@rms Swearengen, boy. Get the name right.

This fucking show booiiii

de41a6d6ca413c7a647b590b93961c19b28141dc.jpg
Pretty much the only reason i wanna startup my netflix again. Any good?

Boardwalk Empire imo is a pretty solid period drama but lacking in personality. I agree with Slayed that the ending was perfect
:kickass: i disagree with the "lacking personality" part though.

Oh and Deadwood shits all over The Wire and The Sopranos.

Reactions: arg
I'm in the minority with this opinion but I'd throw Boardwalk Empire in the mix too. It's more consistent than both The Wire and Sopranos and it ended brilliantly and at the perfect moment. The last season of The Wire really hurts it imo.

Deadwood is definitely disadvantaged being unfinished. I really hope the film actually comes to fruition, I've been hearing about it for years.

I think they wrapped it up just fine, beautifully actually.

I'd put Boardwalk Empire above both The Wire and The Sopranos.

Deadwood/Rome > the best seasons of The Sopranos/Boardwalk Empire/The Wire > the rest of The Sopranos/Boardwalk Empire > the rest of The Wire.

Can't remember how but I didn't realise that Boardwalk Empire was ending until it ended.

I watched few episodes of Punisher and my main problem with it is that I really don't like the main guy. He's a dumb whiny brute.

I've also been watching punisher, and disagree with the above. I think he's pulling off the role fantastically, keeping in mind I was a pretty big fan of the movie too. I'm not sure which one is more canon, @CASSETTEISGOD I think is a fan and would know, but Frank Castle is ex military whose family was murdered regardless. An angry brute is perfect, angst ridden revenge, and he has a more broody persona than the previous punisher which seems more fitting.

This new Punisher is a bit different as they've opened him up more emotionally than any depiction I've ever seen. He's a genuinely traumatized veteran. It's a new realism spin for Frank Castle but I think it works perfectly.

Other than that, he's supposed to be a brute so that's a pretty ridiculous complaint imo. He's not subtle like Batman or concerned with overarching moral and ethical concerns like Daredevil, he's a fucking one man army and a vigilante purist. He's basically Charles Bronson times a million.

This new Punisher is a bit different as they've opened him up more emotionally than any depiction I've ever seen. He's a genuinely traumatized veteran. It's a new realism spin for Frank Castle but I think it works perfectly.

Other than that, he's supposed to be a brute so that's a pretty ridiculous complaint imo. He's not subtle like Batman or concerned with overarching moral and ethical concerns like Daredevil, he's a fucking one man army and a vigilante purist. He's basically Charles Bronson times a million.

I thought you were going to wait until the DVDs came out

Reactions: CiG
I like that he gives 0 shits about killing bad guys.

Heroes with “no killing” / “turn him over to the police” moral codes

or those who stop a deeply hurt person from taking revenge on someone who killed a loved one because “don’t be like them” or “you’ll never be the same if you do this” bullshit

always piss me the fuck off in every tv show or movie that happens

Reactions: Onder
I read alot of Punisher comics as a kid. Really looking forward to that series, but will wait for atleast three seasons before i start watching it.

And as they finally start making awesome series of comics i read as a kid, i really do hope they start making a series straight of the Spawn comic stories. The movie just sucked. Spawn dont have a mechanical suit. He ties his face together with a shoelace ffs.

I read alot of Punisher comics as a kid. Really looking forward to that series, but will wait for atleast three seasons before i start watching it.

And as they finally start making awesome series of comics i read as a kid, i really do hope they start making a series straight of the Spawn comic stories. The movie just sucked. Spawn dont have a mechanical suit. He ties his face together with a shoelace ffs.

McFarlane is supposedly developing an R-rated Spawn film.

Last year, McFarlane said the film would not be a continuation of the 1997 film but instead be a fresh take that has "a dark, R-rated, scary, badass sort of script."