The Official Good Television Thread

Is Sons of Anarchy worth watching? I've missed every episode but I'm considering watching them online or renting them if people say they're good.

Is Sons of Anarchy worth watching? I've missed every episode but I'm considering watching them online or renting them if people say they're good.
I'm just getting into it myself and it seems pretty raw so far. Motorcycle gang rivalries, torturing, beatings and bribery sounds good to me.

btw if you have Comcast cable all the episodes are On Demand for free.

Absolutely worth watching...I'm hooked now. I really can't get into any of the shows these days and prefer to mainly watch sports. Sons Of Anarchy however I can take.

After an o.k. start and in a world of biker gangs...Katey Segal (mrs Peg Bundy from Married With Children) was the toughest and most ruthless character...can't be??? The storylines and characters have since surfaced with each episode becoming more dynamic...some stuff is plain shocking at times.

The show is based around Jax who is the son of K.Segal. Jax was handed down notes, stories, guidelines from his now deceased father who himself was a former member of the gang. Jax frequently narrates and reflects on the notes of what his father envisioned for life in the gang...this keeps Jax loyal yet apprehensive to the love of the brotherhood, his own moral and the purpose of the entire Sons Of Anarchy gang. Jax's deceased fathers best friend is now the president of the club and the husband of Jax's mother. The step-dad has his own dark visions for the club and now has Jax under his wing and beside him in the gang.

SPOILER ALERT-possibly!

fans of The Shield please...?

I watched episodes here n there, but not enough time to really follow and keep track. I did watch the last few moments of the finale.

Could someone give me the cliffnotes version to what happened in the finale or episodes leading up to it? I was under the impression that M.Chicklis character in the end had much blame and responsibilities layed upon him in regards to some of the bad things that happened to his team? In turn he was taken off the streets and put behind a desk job that he really didn't want? I couldn't figure out nor would I know in the end if he was the bad guy, good guy or someone in between? I have never seen a character express so much without saying a single word in the final moments...that look of angst!

I'm just getting into it myself and it seems pretty raw so far. Motorcycle gang rivalries, torturing, beatings and bribery sounds good to me.

btw if you have Comcast cable all the episodes are On Demand for free.

Absolutely worth watching...I'm hooked now. I really can't get into any of the shows these days and prefer to mainly watch sports. Sons Of Anarchy however I can take.

After an o.k. start and in a world of biker gangs...Katey Segal (mrs Peg Bundy from Married With Children) was the toughest and most ruthless character...can't be??? The storylines and characters have since surfaced with each episode becoming more dynamic...some stuff is plain shocking at times.

The show is based around Jax who is the son of K.Segal. Jax was handed down notes, stories, guidelines from his now deceased father who himself was a former member of the gang. Jax frequently narrates and reflects on the notes of what his father envisioned for life in the gang...this keeps Jax loyal yet apprehensive to the love of the brotherhood, his own moral and the purpose of the entire Sons Of Anarchy gang. Jax's deceased fathers best friend is now the president of the club and the husband of Jax's mother. The step-dad has his own dark visions for the club and now has Jax under his wing and beside him in the gang.

Awesome, thanks guys!

Well, I have been watching Season 1 of "The Unit" and that is the most badass fucking show ever. Dennis Haysbert delivers as usual.

I highly recommend this show if you guys are into the whole Military/Recon/Covert shit.

Well, I have been watching Season 1 of "The Unit" and that is the most badass fucking show ever. Dennis Haysbert delivers as usual.

I highly recommend this show if you guys are into the whole Military/Recon/Covert shit.

The wives on that show are incredibly annoying.